USC Rules

Hugh_Hoy

USC just pulverized Ohio State yesterday, 35-3. And it could've been worse. That Ohio State was ranked #5 just shows how screwed up polls are, especially at this time of year. The Big Ten is the Big Weenie. It's so over-rated that it could be called Obama State. Ohio State has got it's ass handed to them twice in the last two years in the BCS championship game. It didn't belong there last year, but got in by default. The Big Ten gets its behind spanked regularly in the Rose Bowl. Yet it keeps coming back to get humiliated year after year with it's over-hyped programs. If USC can beat Stanford this year, it should stay at the top of the polls all the way through to the very end. Go Trojans!

HH

The Big Ten gets its behind spanked regularly in the Rose Bowl. Yet it keeps coming back to get humiliated year after year with it's over-hyped programs.

HH

HH....after some exhaustive research (whew, I need a beer) the Big 10 and Pac 10 only started playing each other regulararly in the Rose Bowl since 1947. With the exception of 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006 when it was used to decide the BCS Championship without a member of either conference, the Big 10 has won 28 times out of 58. So yes, if you mean by regularaly being spanked then yes, they are just getting killed in the series...30-28. If you count the very first Rose Bowl game in 1902 where the Big Ten and Pac 10 played, then it would be 30-29. Not really a regular spanking, IMO. :smirk:

Oh......I almost forgot..........Go Badgers!!!

Just curious, to what do you attribute Pete Carroll's success at USC subsequent to be fired in 2 NFL head coaching positions.

If I am not mistaken, he was offered a pro head coach job recently. Seems he made a good decision to turn it down.

Some good college coaches are not very good pro coaches and Pete Carroll seems to be one of them. I have followed USC since I was in high school.

Norm Chow was the best talent scout at USC but he went to the pros a few years ago and I thought that USC might go downhill but it seems as though they have not. Norm Chow was a coach at BYU (not sure what capacity) when BYU was cranking out all of those great quarterbacks.

On Nov 11 USC will be playing LSU and I hope that will be on TV over here, but that seems unlikely.

Ouch, ouch ouch...big ouch. Oregon St. ranked 52nd in one poll (I had to search hard to go down that far) upset No. 1 ranked USC 27-21. 25 point underdogs going into the game. I won't rub it in too much about what you said about being a national champ. I think lots of teams can recover from an early loss but not a late one.

This also being a PAC-10 game hurts double. We'll see how Pete has them responding in the next game against an Oregon team that just missed being ranked in the top 25 last week.

Yep...USC looked like a run-of-the-mill Big 10 team Thursday night :neener:

Seriously, looked like they didn't have a clue the first half and that's when they really lost the game. Oregon State really wanted the game and they won it straight up. :bow:

You're right, coming early in the season is better than late Nov. or Dec. Ohio State and LSU proved that last year.

HH

All I know about USC is that walking across the campus there is a sure-fire way to strain your neck muscles from looking to-n-fro at all of the eye candy on display...

Cheers,

SD -- has to do differential equations in his head to stop getting a boner whenever he visits that campus

Also nice that the surrounding community isn't as dangerous as it was, say, twenty years ago when UCLA had a big edge in that regard.

Now you can see Korean and other Asian hotties bicycling or walking around within a mile radius of the campus, apparently feeling safe.

And before anyone asks, I had official business there or I was just driving by in the course of my duties.

Obligatory :neener: .

Archived