PINK FLOYD: Rick Wright dies!

Mentors

age is catching up on many of the older bands the band members are starting to succomb to the ravages of age.

i would like to see Led Zep,Pink Floyd and the Who,but if not original band then i feel it is not the same.

i did see the Who with Moon and Entwhistle over 30 Years ago and that was an event,don't know wether it would be the same now?.

i've had a good Year with concerts.

seen bands who have been around for 30+ Years like Neil Young,Springsteen,Alice Cooper,The Eagles and some young pups like Bryan Adams and R.E.M.

can't think of any bands who have made the breakthrough in the last 10 Years that i would pay money to see.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SJ

Not only is age catching up with them it is also catching up with us all. A lot of my music is from late sixties / early seventies and anything pre-75 my wife takes great pleasure in teasing me by saying it was before she was born

At least she is a good pupil she now knows that CSI theme music is the who and has the greatest hits in her car, as well as Sabbath, Floyd, Bad Co etc

SJ

Not only is age catching up with them it is also catching up with us all. A lot of my music is from late sixties / early seventies and anything pre-75 my wife takes great pleasure in teasing me by saying it was before she was born

At least she is a good pupil she now knows that CSI theme music is the who and has the greatest hits in her car, as well as Sabbath, Floyd, Bad Co etc

SJ

t6he first LP i bought after saving up my paper round money was 'Ziggy Stardust'.

Bowie was and still is my musical hero...... :thumbup:

lately i've been listening to a lot of 50's music.

Presley,Cash,Holly,Berry etc.

have a good CD of Presley live from 56/57 live in concert.

raw recordings due to the type of recording equipment,just like one of those tape recorders people would smuggle into concert halls.

but so good.

but my current fave in the car is by the 'Million Dollar Quartet'.

Elvis,Johnny Cash,Carl Perkins and Jerry Lee Lewis turned up at Sun Studios in Memphis one Day and just got together and had a jam session.

performing traditional songs and some of their own...........incredible.

Archived