Find the bar scene boring???

skirtlifter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wonder whether the bar scene gets to any of you studs after a while. I have lived in Bangkok for 7-8 years now and for the first few years I was at it like a rabid dog.It's been sometime now since I've made forays into bars or discos. I think the shine has definitely worn off (I'm not talking about my knob either...which is still firing on all cylinders). Can't even be bothered seeking out BJ's anymore.

I guess getting married this year has marred the way I view these places. It's nice to be faithful to one person and vice versa.

And the point of this post??? I just can't believe guys can continue year after year bonking girls without some sort of emotional attachment.

Discuss please. :soapbox:

Maybe once you are married for 7-8 years :medusa: your view of the bars will change again. :devil:

I have a friend who lives in Pattaya since 10 years.

He is a daily visitor of soi 6, drinks and smokes like a horse, fucks like a rabbit, goes home and enjoys his wife occasionnaly which is almost daily.

Good for him, that's the life he dreamed about before he dumped the company he was shareholder in.

Myself, I rarely visit bars anymore, had a Pattaya pit stop 6 months ago on my way out, had a good time but no desire to take a BG. Left LOS last saturday switching airports withouth bar hopping.

I have all my head and dick needs in the village. I am out for a short holiday because I am just tired of the place, needing my usual 6 months break, will be back soon enough.

Each to his own I guess. I like BG's and I enjoy the nights with them, but I find the bar scene very boring - since I went to LOS the first time. I never felt the excitement others here on the board wrote about.

Mostly boring music, very boring small talk with girls using depleted phrases (like where you come flom), with other punters around looking equally bored.

Maybe I don't drink enough, maybe I don't socialize enough, anyway I would never would go in a Gogo bar in Europe, never did.

Maybe next time I go to LOS I should look for more lounge like clubs.

I just wonder whether the bar scene gets to any of you studs after a while. I have lived in Bangkok for 7-8 years now and for the first few years I was at it like a rabid dog.It's been sometime now since I've made forays into bars or discos. I think the shine has definitely worn off (I'm not talking about my knob either...which is still firing on all cylinders). Can't even be bothered seeking out BJ's anymore.

I guess getting married this year has marred the way I view these places. It's nice to be faithful to one person and vice versa.

And the point of this post??? I just can't believe guys can continue year after year bonking girls without some sort of emotional attachment.

Discuss please. :soapbox:

Yes. After a whole year of submerging myself in nothing but bars and bargirls pretty much every day, with no job to distract me or other anchors to reality... it's definitely got to me. :(

You can think you're hardcore and restrict your outlook to just looking for the best body, the next best fuck/suck but, sooner or later, the games that the girls play will get to you, hook you then depress you and leave you feeling empty.

It doesn't help if the turnover in the bars is slow. Then you see the same old faces.

But, on the other hand, it's great seeing new naked available females! :) :thumbup:

If you are in Pattaya, then during the day I would recommend going to Bira race circuit. See who's blatting round the track (could be anything during the week) and then scare yourselves on the kart circuit (500 baht for 10 mins on the less powerful ones, assuming you don't completely fuck up then he will allow you to try out the faster, more powerful karts.)

Then pumped up, go and shoot some guns at a range.

Then go and have a beer. It tastes way better!

I know it's only tenuously connected to the thread but variety is the spice etc.

Play golf. Anything. Just don't get into drinking ALL the time!

Play golf. Anything. Just don't get into drinking ALL the time!

I haven't been drinking much this year at all. Mostly diet Cokes in the bars with maybe an alcoholic drink every now and again. Physically I'm in pretty good shape.

Mentally.. well, I think that spending so much time with fundamentally bad/untrustworthy/insincere people just drags you down.

Bibblies - I concur.

I like bars, don't get me wrong, but it's amazing the amount of ex-SAS Iranian Embassy troopers / Navy SEALS / Hollywood Stuntmen /32 year old veterans of Khe Sahn I meet!

All fascinating people and I thrill to their tales of derring-do.

I am so dull in comparison.

(Oh, I forgot! Peter Hook out of Joy Division once gave me a bottle of milk. That get's 'em ringing the bell.)

Archived