Find the bar scene boring???

skirtlifter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me its the 'grass is always greener on the other side'.

When I'm in a relationship, all the other girls look sooooo appealing and I wish I was free.

When I'm free, I start thinking I want to be in a relationship.

The same old bars do get boring. Fortunately Bangkok has no shortage of bars so there are always new places to explore or bars with new girls.

Sometimes I feel like Cowboy, sometimes Soi 33, sometimes a disco, sometimes a place like Titanium on Soi 22 (good "all Thai girls" R&R band and some nice hostesses too), sometimes Nana and for a change take a cruise down Patpong way every few months (and decide I haven't been missing anything, though need to check "just to be sure").

Actually even more than that I like eating in different restaurants and chatting with the waitresses and/or female managers - they are much more 'real' than the bar girls who will tell you anything if they think it might lead to baht.

am going to the bars less often than the first 5 years! but i do not find it boring, just not so exciting than in the beginning!

That about sums up my attitude. It's also why I like a little variety in bars, meaning not just spending time in gos gos, but the places you find on, say, Thonglor. Maybe part of it is age and simply working here.

During the week, I will often meet up with a number of TGs at a few places around town after work where you can share a nice bottle of wine and enjoy some good Italian or Japanese (anything other than Som Tum) food. The TGs are all BGs and few claim to be former BGs. I have known many for years (5+, in some cases), which means most are at least in their mid 20s.

They know me well enough to know that I am not going to turn into a sponsorship ATM, so I am generally spared the sick buffalo stories. And there is no pressure for a "real" relationship. It's all safe and predictable, which is good on both sides.

We usually finish up early enough for them to clock in at the bar by 9 or 10 at the latest. They can still clock in at the bar, and I get a decent's night sleep.

They get to experience something different. For some BGs this has no attraction at all, but then those BGs are simply not part of this group.

These are not monogamous relationships in any sense of the word, but they are relationships of a sort. I find them quite enjoyable, and I hear a great deal from BGs that I expect I would not otherwise hear.

But then, of course, I still enjoy a raucous night out in the go gos - but not as frequently as before.

Archived