Buffets in Bangkok

FreeTime

Buffets in Bangkok were always too high class and expensive for me. I much prefer the down home buffets in the states. Big salad bars, fried chicken and mashed potatoes. A place to wear your big pants and bring the family. Never found one in Thailand...or a place with French Dips...a quest long unfulfilled.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hate buffets!

Same here, to be honest. I'm too lazy, I hate queues, I don't need more than a plate of food, I like service and I prefer a meal freshly cooked and hot.

The only time I'll do buffet is when I find myself in a chain restaurant here called 'Sizzler'. Their salad bar is better than their specialties on the menu - tough steaks.

...but they missed my favorite!

The breakfast buffet at the Nana Hotel! :evil:

-=/NN

In 3 weeks' date=' I usually get down there in time twice.

HH[/quote']

Interesting social observation. I have read here some punters on this board whose comments about this hotel are less than flattering, yet, I have met these same punters (staying at other hotels) "sneak" in for the breakfast buffet. My eyes don't lie.

So these same punters stay at other hotels but come back to this hotel for breakfast. Hmmm . .

So these same punters stay at other hotels but come back to this hotel for breakfast. Hmmm . .

Fair call...

Personally have not stayed at NH since 1995, but do have good memories of the breakfast there....most everything else sucked....Including the "early starters" (or "late finishers") I sometimes picked outside the Buffet, on the way back to my room....LOL

Cheers DC

Interesting social observation. I have read here some punters on this board whose comments about this hotel are less than flattering, yet, I have met these same punters (staying at other hotels) "sneak" in for the breakfast buffet. My eyes don't lie.

Not me, I stay for the whole package! :)

Been staying at the Nana since my first trip to LOS, and don't plan to stop anytime soon.

-=/NN

Archived