Lord Jim's, seafood and interpol watchlist...

dullnight

I hate to say it but I never fornd the fish at the Lord Jim's particularly exciting even if they call it fresh or live or whatever . As it generally makes no sense to choose imported material if you are after first class fish. For your next visit by the river choose a locally based starter , sea bass in a salt crust and dessert as you like . The salt crust would not improve the taste of the seabass but it keeps some that would be preserved in the crust and otherwise finally disappear in the pan .

In general the Lord Jim's is a great place to have dinner by the window. Our beloved previous PM Thaksin has been there all the time which proves he is partially thoughtful .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I never fornd the fish at the Lord Jim's particularly exciting"

This is the last thing I was expecting to read here from Bubi... it does seem that you did move your loyalty to the Four Seasons. I understand your point about ordering local fish but actually getting bigger and as tasty Fine de Claires in BKK is quite possible in french restaurants, they used to receive weekly shipment in l'Indigo and V9 at least.

As of next visit to the River, well, I actually live by the river nowadays, hence maybe dinners with similar views have lost some of their appeal. Thinking of moving back to Sathorn when this lease terminates...Info about seabass in salt crust duly noted.

"The current pastry chef by the river is a complete waste , although his passport says he comes from LA GRANDE NATION, sorry ."

Watch out Bubi, soon your beloved Olienten will hire a couple of extra frogs and you might catch an acute allergy . Chasing a distinguished german gentleman out of the riverside. They've done worse than that. If it exists.

Dullnight, had an utterly awkward diner last night in Anna's garden in Thong Lor :nono:

Crowd ?? SD, my elder bigger son, is that the kind of hip restaurants you take your mates to?? there weren't many people in there... with the horribly moist weather I found it very odd to go to an outdoor restaurant...quite uncomfortable as well, although it became slightly better after I asked the staff to change the piece of metal I was sitting on for some more back friendly chair. And just next to Maru which I wanted to visit. No live fish in alcoholic drink was only the begining of bad news... left the thai friend who had invited me order for the both of us while I went for the bathroom. Such an astute choice... He ordered altogether a plate of roasted chicken, a beef soup and a large plate of fried rice...how do you spell "lavish" ?!? and i buy from this guy around 2million baht per month... and some more from his family :banghead:

No matter how small the portions I ended up the dinner sweating and dreaming of a shower... apreciated greatly when upon entering Lan Nung Len the security asked for my ID... as I didn't carry any, this friend had to go inside and call the manager to let me in and I took the first taxi driving by to escape...

Dullnight, enough of Thong Lor and Ekkamai for a couple of weeks - but very soon in le Costes - my age very much :thumbup:

Archived