EMERGENCY! Bars closed Sat night?

radioman

Hi,

Any indication that places will be closed this Saturday October 4th, night?

I'm hearing this will be so because of the Bangkok governor elections on Sunday. Was planning a Sat night out but now may need to revise. If closed Saturday will they be open Sunday evening?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm Sunday for sure Morning/Night will be closed. Which means the Hillarys and Spice Club will be closed. (Same owner) Good indication that alot of things will be closed on Sunday for sure.

I know that doesn't answer your question but it might answer a follow-up by someone else. :smirk:

Here is part of the sticky that is posted in the NIghtlife section....you can click on it to read all of it but here is the guts of it......

Put up here as a sticky at the request of preakho.

this question comes up every time there's an election or a holiday. can we put this info in some kind of permanent post that comes up always at the top of the "nightlife" section or something? because the same reality always turns out to be true vs. what's on the law books.

for the record: the law says that bars have to close at 6 pm on election eve, and cannot reopen until midnight on election night.

Hope that's helpful. Looks like it will damper your eve on Sat but just prepare ahead of time. :thumbup:

elef......those aren't my words....I just cut and pasted from the sticky. You may be right about them open but not serving but I'm just the middle man passing the message.

I will guarantee that M/N is closed though as the girlfriendo has already said so but she works daytime till 7p. Again, don't know about nighttime (after 6p) but according to the sticky, it's the law they can't open till after midnight. :smirk:

This question pops up every time holidays or elections come and the stickys have the info. People question the info even though it's in black and white.

I guess the best answer to your question is maybe. They might be open and they might not. If I were you, I would plan on them not being open and if they are, all the better. :thumbup:

Archived