EMERGENCY! Bars closed Sat night?

radioman

Ya, okay, sorry for being a bit anal. I did read the sticky but it seemed a bit vague, then again I guess the situation itself is just that. Thanks anyway guys good info. Surprised it didn't get raised earlier what with it being this weekend.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Message from Bradmans:

"3 October 2008 - It's a drab Saturday night and Sunday coming up with yet another election and a pub with no beer. The stakes are too high to flaunt the law, especially in this political climate, but Bradman's WILL be open all hours, serving great food, excellent coffee and ice cold coke! :( Come in late Sunday after the polling booths close and you are likely to be able to enjoy a sherbet or two.

This will put a damper on the NRL Grand Final of course, and I am sure there will be places that are showing it with a beer in hand in spite of the ban on alcohol sales. We cannot offer you grog, but we can offer you great surroundings, fantastic viewing comfort and excellent food."

All will be open but no booze is the word I got at Rama IX cafe.

They did mention though that the November 14th, 15th and 16th will be a total closure because of the princess. There is a writing from the comedy association on the message board at Rama IX which states that no group is allowed to take jobs anywhere on those days. I have never seen that before.

Waerth

The funeral of the sister of the King. The rites are from November 14th till November 19th. But the comedy association has been asked to ask the comedians not to perform on the 14th, 15th and 16th. This is a first time that I have seen a request like this in writing.

Normally when venues close for a day or no booze is sold it is just a forced free day because there is no work. But now it has been "asked" (read whomever goes out performing will have some problems with the comedy association). So I guess they will take entertainment venue closing serious on those days. I know that one of my favourite Isaan eateries on a sidestreet of Rama IX will be closed as one of the waitresses told me she was going home for those days. It is a place where many nightworkers (girls, comedians, singers) flock to after work and to the adjoining places. Can get pretty lively after 0200 with many nice looking females. But these places will be closed on those days.

Waerth

Yeah I know, but normally there are always places open. No ploblem. But this time I think even the more risk taking entrepreneurs will close down. But we will see.

I personally never have a problem with no booze as I barely drink anyway. But I feel that it is becoming silly here in LOS as well. But with the king's sister I can understand it a bot at least. But with elections.

Anyway I need to go and sleep. Long day tomorrow :(

Waerth

Archived