Vegemite the One Billionth Jar

Torneyboy

shame your beer is piss!!!

Most Australian draft beers are lagers, which seem to be universally scorned by drinkers of "real" beer.

It's certainly no worse than a lot of lagers I've drank in the UK.

There is a growing trend towards micro-breweries now and many Aussie pubs are serving beer to delight the most discerning palate.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marmite is better :neener:

I have my large pot, sitting proudly atop my fridge. Specially imported by me, from the UK. Love the stuff.

Recent visitors left me two large jars. Now that will last me a long time so when I saw a near neighbor on another forum saying he'd been looking for some I dropped a jar off at the school he works at out of the goodness of my heart.

He was having a day off so when he emailed me to thank me he admitted:

1) He was a Pom

2) He preferred Marmite

3) But Vegemite would do in a pinch.

:cussing::cussing::cussing::censored::censored::censored::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ah yes vegemite, on toast topped with cheese was my brekky this morning. I keep my jar hidden as its like gold here in the land of camels. Never leave Mates in the kitchen alone here the vegemite will disappear.

Its an aquired taste to those not brought up on it but its got to be better than the septics peanut butter and jam!

<< Its an aquired taste to those not brought up on it but its got to be better than the septics peanut butter and jam! >>

Only barbarians mix peanut butter and jam. It's one or the other.

p.s. Nam prik maeng da and pla rah are acquired tastes. I'd be hard put to chose between them, marmite and vegemite. All equally yuck, but edible when hungry enough. :p

Archived