PAD protests...

Mentors

On TV someone has posted volume 38 Number 1 of the JOURNAL OF COMTEMPORARY ASIA titled THAILAN D'S â??GOOD COUPâ?Â:

It is very long (215 pages) with many articles about the history and state of current Thai politics. A very interesting read, and people from all sides can get reinforcement that their view is correct from it.

It is an attachment to post #27 of this thread.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gen Panlop won't return to PAD

(BangkokPost.com) - The former deputy director of the Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC), Gen Panlop Pinmanee, insisted he will not rejoin forces with the Peopleâ??s Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

Gen Panlop said one of the PAD leaders, Maj-Gen Chamlong Srimuang, asked him to rejoin the anti-government group. However, Gen Panlop said he decided to decline his offer because the PADâ??s civil disobedience strategy would not likely be successful, adding that it would create more losses than the forceful strategy he earlier proposed.

If the PAD can seize the governmentâ??s power on October 7 by getting hold of Prime Minister and Defence Minister Somchai Wongsawat, the situation would not intensify, according to Gen Panlop.

The ISOC former chief said the situation is unpredictable because the government has the authority but could not put the situation under control, and at the same time, the PAD is in control of the circumstances even though it has no legitimate power.

BANGKOK POST

It looks like Monday things could come to a another nasty head. The Patamit are going to have a rally at police HQ (near The World Trade Center or Central World or whatever they call it now), and now we have these red shirts in town.

Cheers,

SD

Yesterday (Sunday) we performed at a private party about a block away from the PAD protesters. If you didn't know their were protests on you wouldn't have noticed.

The only thing that you might have thought weird is the huge amount of cars parked on the road leading to the protesters, blocking of the road basically. And many of them no cheap cars either. So far for the theory of the PAD protesters being poor people.

CTO

Chill out Bro, all that wearth did was report his own experineces of yesterday in reply to a thread. Situations have change since the initial thread you referred to.

I do realise there is some history between the both of you but all Kh'Wearth did was report his experiences of yesterday ... why are you jumping on him?

I could guarantee if 50 farangs went to 50 locations in Thailand tonight we would have 50 differant reports, all of which would be correct based on individual experiences.

You don't need to agree with other posters but you should at least their respect their thoughts and observations, who is to say that you are right or I am?

Me chill out? Why? Quite chilled - pointing out that I saw the same last week so not new news - Waerth seems hyper sensitive to me if that upset him! I think you two need to chill :)

Note I am AGREEING with him not disagreeing as you say :susel: where do I disagree with him?

Same Saturday night as well.

Archived