Sheraton Hua Hin?

rchapstick

I had dinner there a few months back - it's great looking if you love swimming in amazing pools - otherwise its a looooong way out of town. Stay at Sheriton elsewhere or if Hua Hin stay at Hilton

Opinions on the Marriott and Dusit Thani? Ms Vampy wants a week in Hua Hin alone with me :grinyes:

Tim' date=' you hit a homerun with the Tamarind Village in CNX on our last holiday, what do you say?

Sd,

Everyone is different. Some like being in town and some don't. The hilton is nice but personally I like smaller boutique hotels with less than 100 rooms.

The Marriott is an old hotel that now has hoards of German guests. Hence the German General Manager. Too loud for me. I think thats the whole point of Hua Hin is the tranquility. If its action you are after then Pattaya is the place.

The Dusit is a nice place as well. Good places and facilites from what you would expect from the Dusit group. I feel that there are too many tour groups using this hotel as well.

For a quiet stay with the gf,

I would go to

Rest Detail Resort, Pool Village or Beach Village if you can succumb to their prices.

Asara Beach Villas and Suites are also nice.

You can get the sites off the net.

Tim

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

Have stayed in HH twice, once well south of town, once at the Hilton. When we stayed outside of town, we ended up driving into town every day and evening. So next time, many years later, we stayed at the Hilton. Loved the location, but very disappointing for a Hilton. If we were to go again, would try the Central next door to Hilton, or one of the smaller ones in the immediate area.

KKN -Agree - last time I stayed Hilton was when it just became one - previous incarnation I think before it was a Hilton and great deals - 2000 baht a night (this was 2000)

Haven't stayed there for years but great location.

However one thing I really like about the hilton is the rooms - they are all tilted so every room has a sea view - very nice.

Breakfast was good - dinner so so

Central location in Hua Hin is a must I feel. The area behind the Hilton is great for anyone Monger or Family to wonder around

• 3 weeks later...

Archived