Golf around Bangkok

I will be there in Aug and will DEFINITELY be up for a few rounds of golf!!..I am just starting to get back into my game..getting back to the 90's again..and am always looking for a great place for a good 19th hole!!..so all that are interested in Aug please let me know!!!..I'll be the guy wearing sox and sandals on the golf course!!...hehehe

c ya

G

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B]I'll be the guy wearing sox and sandals on the golf course!!...[/b]

Speaking of which....

Last time I played in my full leather British golf shoes in LOS my feet all but melted away and taxis would refuse to drive me home from the course on account of bad smell...

So: Can anyone recommend a pair of (cheap, preferably) golf sandals (with soft spikes) for sale online or in LOS?

Thanx

Dry Son - "no more sweaty feet, please"

These links should give you some information. I always said that golf was an old man's game. Well, I had my second lesson last week. I don't expect to ever be good, but by the time I get to Thailand, June 22nd, I hope to have some idea of where the ball is going to go.

Gary

http://www.shenanigans-pattaya.com/golf.htm

http://www.pattayathailand.com/easter/easter.htm

Before I started taking lessons, I was golfing in the eighties. Doug at Bourbon Street was quite eager to get me to go golfing with his group. I would guess you could pick up some golfers there if you golf decent.

When I told them that I get too tired after nine holes to play another nine, they questioned my score. I told them of course I score in the eighties for nine holes. HMMM, no more invites after that. Guess I upset them by refusing the first offer.

Gary

quote:

Originally posted by Dry Son:

So: Can anyone recommend a pair of (cheap, preferably) golf sandals (with soft spikes) for sale online or in LOS?

I am wondering if I can rent American size 10 1/2 golf shoes in Bangkok, or should I bring my own?

I recall a trip to Singapore where I only had to attend one black tie event, and forgot to pack my dress shoes. It was hard to find my size in the stores and I wound up borrowing a pair from another ang moh.

My pipedream is to be in Bangkok from July 5 through July 8 - I'm still uncertain. Looks like you guys will have at least a foursome, with or without me.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Sid_H

UNICO which is about a B90 taxi ride out on Srinakarin road from Sukhumvit actively tries to sort out single players on the 1st tee. No need to book and great value at less than 1000 all in. The taxi's may not know it but it is 300 metres further on after 'Krungthep Kreetah' course which is a very famous one for the rich that they all know. Try and get an invite to the famous Caddy Shack party at Xmas if you are around-absolutely wild. A good number of the caddies are up for it by the way if you take a shine to one.

Archived