SCUBA is here

Brink15

Just wanted to post something to catch the eye of those current and future divers.

I notice that people are still posting to the old thread in the general discussion forum.

I'm going to start adding more posts with new info on the area.

Let me know what you want to see.

Dive shop ratings

Dive site ratings

Equipment ratings.

etc.

The Scuba section thread is a good idea - last time I took my dive gear to Thailand I never got it wet! - Maybe this thread will encourage me back in the water next trip. smile.gif" border="0

David,

Lug all that gear and never get it wet?

Keep checking back here, hopefully something will inspire you to try Thai waters.

If you like adventure there's always Trevor the attacking trigger fish of Koh Tao. Unless someone caught and ate him. There was always that threat.

i dug koh tao, but wasnt impressed with crystal divers. got a tank of bad air. actually koh tao was pretty cool in general, but i made the mistake of getting a room in some cove on the south side of the island. shoulda stayed closer to the town. good diving to be had there tho. also had a great time at a resturaunt called "whitening". there was even a beer bar, but i didnt find it till my last day there. slim pickings at that too.

-Soi Dog

"yeah, i know the name is trite. im working

on it..."

Soi Dog,

Crystal divers isn't one I'm familiar with. Where were they, in Mae Haad or one of the other locations?

This would be a good start of collecting dive shop recommendations.

The shops I know well on Koh Tao are, in no particular order:

Big Blue

Master Diver

Samui International (SIDS)

Ban's

Carabao

Big Bubble

Buddha View

Those are all I can think of at the moment with out getting out my old notes or giving myself a brain cramp.

Did you stay at Sensi resort? Interesting story regarding its owners. I think I remember it being down that way.

Granted I only worked there for 7 weeks before I returned to Phuket. And its been a few years since.

Soi Dog,

I just had a lightbulb go off re: Crystal Divers.

The daughter of the owner of Master Divers is named Crystal. You don't know, by chance if the shop is owned by a woman from Canada?

How did you find out the air was bad? Did you get sick or was there an odor?

Brink,

I have dived a few times in Thailand (Samuii & Phuket). It was just one time that I thought I would bring my own gear that I never got around to it...... in 5 months :-)

I will try and remeber what the diving was like etc and do a post at some point.

Archived