Invest Now!! - Financial Analysts say

Tiger Moth

China and India are export dependent economies, mostly to US and EU, if they are in a depression or recession how will China and Indiaâ??s economies grow? Russia is dependent on oil exports, much of it rather expensive to extract , i.e., Sakhalin Island. At $30 they will be hurting badly.

If the US goes into a depression, the rest of the world will follow. I donâ??t believe a depression is coming. I think it will be tough 2009, but will improve late in the year.

Stock markets will continue to be â??unstableâ?Â, mostly due to the big funds going in and out as they try to make some money on swings such as over the last week. Sell out, cause a big drop, buy back in causing upswing, sell out taking profit, etc, etc. Small investors will get eaten alive unless they are very quick or in for the long term.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I m putting some money into commodities each month. Commodities will do well, water treatment companies, energy, uranium,Japanese yen,Swiss Franc, Chinese Yuan, golds,silver, Vietnam, Cambodia funds if you can find them. I also think renewable energy companies will do well over the next 10 years.

I would buy the S+P somewhere between 500-700.

FTSE between 2500-3000.

SHorting the USD also.

Oil will go to 300-500 USD over the next 10 years.

And gold to 5000USD.

Rather than predicting the exact numbers, the DOW/Gold ratio is a good indicator. When the DOW/Gold ratio is near one then we will be near a high in gold and a low in the DOW. So gold 3000, DOW 3000, Gold 5000, DOW 5000. All depends how much money Bernanke prints, and it looks like that will be alot. His assessement of the Great Depression was that they didnt print enough money...Bernanke has no gold peg restrictions on this and he intellectually believes that printing money creates "postive inflation"...he ll destroy the USD eventually.

The danger is when foreigners sell US debt, and when the bond market bubble bursts, then yields will soar, the USD will collapse, and the debt financed economy will collapse. Then a real recession will hit.

I took a quick look at a gold chart and it has actually dropped over the last few months but have gone up recently. Its below $900 per oz now but was about $970 several months ago.

If I had idle money, I'd buy up some of these homes and apartment buildings in bankruptcy or default.

In LA specifically, I'd buy homes and apartment buildings as close to the beach as possible. People here will ALWAYS pay a bit more or prefer to live as close to the beach as possible. We may not see many homes in default near the beach for some time.

I don't have large sums of idle cash so I'll have to make a decision on what to in the near future with the little cash I have.

Not sure if non Americans have heard of this but credit unions here in the states seem to have avoided the financial crisis. Banks have been trying to make them extinct for a long time even though they are only 6% of total banking. They are run much more conservatively and from what I understand weren't part of the crisis. Anyone confirm that? If so, they may be the best place to have cash instead of a bank?

The COMEX gold price doesn't reflect the real gold market anymore. The price there doesn't move like it should mainly because funds have been dumping commodities to raise cash to meet redemptions. There is a lot of gold buying going on but it's not going through COMEX.

The US dollar does seem strong in spite of all the trouble. I can't figure out why it's holding up so well.

I m putting some money into commodities each month. Commodities will do well, water treatment companies, energy, uranium,Japanese yen,Swiss Franc, Chinese Yuan, golds,silver, Vietnam, Cambodia funds if you can find them. I also think renewable energy companies will do well over the next 10 years.

I would buy the S+P somewhere between 500-700.

FTSE between 2500-3000.

SHorting the USD also.

Oil will go to 300-500 USD over the next 10 years.

And gold to 5000USD.

Rather than predicting the exact numbers, the DOW/Gold ratio is a good indicator. When the DOW/Gold ratio is near one then we will be near a high in gold and a low in the DOW. So gold 3000, DOW 3000, Gold 5000, DOW 5000. All depends how much money Bernanke prints, and it looks like that will be alot. His assessement of the Great Depression was that they didnt print enough money...Bernanke has no gold peg restrictions on this and he intellectually believes that printing money creates "postive inflation"...he ll destroy the USD eventually.

The danger is when foreigners sell US debt, and when the bond market bubble bursts, then yields will soar, the USD will collapse, and the debt financed economy will collapse. Then a real recession will hit.

Foolish, You really have to have your medications, adjusted.

Archived