xtreme sports in Thailand

I would like to try and compile a list of places that sanukers can participate in xtreme sports in thailand!!..and that does not mean the highest number of bg's in a single nite or the most bg barfined from a single bar!!!..and Im sure you guys can come up with a few other creative definitions!

Anyway...Please put forth your recommendations on places to try extreme sports...We already have scuba covered by my esteemed co-moderator..Brink!..

Wakeboarding

Skydiving..might be handy if you've ever flown Thai/China air!!

Surfing?

Bungee

and any others you guys can recommend trying!

Cya

G

Beastee,

I was going to post BBBJs at star of light, but then I read your post more thoroughly and saw that was out. laugh.gif" border="0

I know one of the cool things (other than diving), on Koh Phi Phi and Krabi, was rock climbing.

Pretty cool to go climbing a limestone karst wall coming right up out of the water to 30 -50m up in the air.

Anyone else done the climb?

At least you were the first to go there!!!... I am hoping we will get a few more creative answers despite my forewarning!!..it wouldn't be sanuk if we didn't...

Rock Clinbing!!..good one..I was at the X-games this summer..the malay chicks were incredible at rock climbing!!...dressed in full muslim garb..amazing..

I don't know whether you guys count these as xtreme sports, but I receive regular information about marathons, triathlons, adventure challenges etc.

If anyone needs information I could probably help.

Personal experiences/recommendations I could give about a few runs in bkk/pattaya including some nice tower run-ups in bkk.

Just let me know if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

bkkgeorge

What about speeding along the road from Lamaii to Chaweng (Samuii), by motorbike, at night, very drunk, no crash helmet, flip flops and shorts. Not big and clever I know, but possibly a "sport" shocked.gif" border="0

Car "surfing" on top of the Baht taxis at night is also quite "fun"........

David,

That could be very cool, HHMC, Hash House MotoCross.

The object would be to replicate the drunken foot race of the HHH, but substitute bikes.

I think you would have to have everyone sign a waiver as I'm sure there would be the odd fatality.

It definitely would be an extreme sport.

"The winner, Rodney Rumripper, ended the race by driving straight through the finish line, up the sidewalk, through a plate glass window, and right into the bar at the Green Mango. Rodney was awarded the trophy in his hospital bed."

<Personal experiences/recommendations I could give about a few runs in bkk/pattaya including some nice tower run-ups in bkk.>

had my regular nice private tower run-up when i lived on the 20. floor of a building with no alternative power source for the elevator....

• 2 weeks later...

Highly recommend Olarn Lake, a great place to cable ski and have a few beers on a Sunday afternoon. It's been about a year since I was there.

Olarn Lake only half an hour drive from Pinklao Bridge off the road to Nakhon Pathom

Misdirections

From the junction of the Pinklao-Nakorn Chaisri Highway and the Outer Ring Road proceed 8km West to Buddha Monthon Interchange. Exit here and follow the signs North to Salaya. Turn left after 1.5km and then turn right at the first opportunity (after about 600m). Follow this road (about 8km??). Turn left at the big sign for Olarn Lake and follow the unpaved road a few hundred meters to the lake.

Ski Cost: 300 baht for two hours includes life vest and equipment usage (kneel boards, double skis and slalom skis)

Facilities: Beer, swimming pool, beer, restaurant, beer, change rooms, beer, a good sound system and beer

Olarn Lake (034) 298-059, (034) 298-060

Archived