SWAT Teams Patrolling Beach Road !

zanemay

Yes...Last night there they were, a couple of teams of four guys, looked military. One per team had automatic rifle. I saw a farang soldier in the group, same uniform as Asian guys. They had fancy military vehicle parked, Humvie or equivalent, new and freshly painted. Lettering on the side, "SWAT. Anti-Terrorism Unit."

I saw them questioning some Thai guys. One had kind of long hair and interesting look. I don't think they were talking to girls, but most of the girls were scattering.

I wonder what's up? Has anyone seen these guys anywhere else? Who is funding?

Okay...Let me try again.

The long-haired guy was a Thai guy sitting at the beach and he was being questioned by a patrol.

The patrols I saw had 4 soldiers and one had a very real rifle. Nobody was shooting a movie or spiking my drink.

Having thought this over a bit, I believe they are exactly what their vehicles said they were and they were doing what they were supposed to do. That is, they are an anti-terrorism force and they were engaged in a patrol for that purpose. This was a serious and well-funded effort. Must be funded by foreign money.

As I said, they weren't bothering the freelancers. There are plenty of tourist police and their volunteers that do that. Unfortunately.

Archived