Gooner Corner

frogpatrol

We didn't get the game live, bastards. A power cut deprived us of the first half hour of the Liverpool game...I love bangladesh laugh.gif" border="0 Still good score, well played Bergy and did you see those empty seats???

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

Watch out for a partnership between Coley and Ole.

yeah, they will be holding hands on the bench watching van nistelrooy outshine them.

quote:

Originally posted by abbot thong:

We didn't get the game live, bastards. A power cut deprived us of the first half hour of the Liverpool game...I love bangladesh
laugh.gif" border="0
Still good score, well played Bergy and did you see those empty seats???

Well, I quite enjoyed it too, not being a big fan of the Smogmonsters. The Arsenal v Leeds game should be a cracker and is on the box tomorrow night. Tonight is Everton v Spurs so I get one early night this week! Wednesday's 'highlight' is Blackburn v Man Utd (why not Fulham v Sunderland?).

Liverpool don't play again in the league until Monday when they could give 'league leaders' Bolton another easy 3 points after playing in the UEFA Champions League tomorrow and the 'Super Cup' v Bayern Munich on Friday.

I was really impressed with the coverage in Thailand this weekend. ESPN/Star are taking the original Sky commentaries, so we are spared Tommy 'Seaman shot out like a rocket' Smyth. We get lots of score updates and news flashes from the other games, reasonably intelligent discussion at half-tima and after the match (in English!) and they had a 'man on the spot' in the Brew Pavilion on Ratchada, getting the expert opinion from the local 'fans'.

LG

Pires was fantastic on Saturday.

Campbell was awesome when we went down to 10 men, when he had time on the ball in the 1st half you could see he wasn't used to it, he'll have to improve his passing.

I think/hope Dennis is in for a good season!

Roll on Leeds Utd! (Dirty Leeds).

Now how do I get the job of the lucky man who is able to go from pub to pub in Bangkok (Forte, Brew Pavillion), drink for free, and talk football on TV?

On that subject, the interviews with the Thai fans is a nice touch - I particularly enjoyed the interview during the Man U match where the Thai seemed convinced that Man U would fall. Oddly refreshing.

Onto the Gunners, I am convinced that this will be Pires' breakout year - he had a superb game.

Well, a big test coming up Wed - fingers crossed.

froggo

quote:

Originally posted by nickyboy:

Roll on Leeds Utd! (Dirty Leeds).

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Can I be the first to offer my commiserations? I'm afraid if you can't beat 9 men (what was that Gazza?) then the title is a long way off. Must apologise for my fantasy captain scoring the opener (double points!) though that was marred by Bowyer's very harsh red (and I suspect whatever he was saying to the ref will add a game or two to his suspension!) So much for these 'professional' referees - Elleray was diabolical last night and Winter, as ever, very suspect tonight.

So, if the lads beat Fulham 6-0 tonight we'll be top!

LG

As a newly minted Gooner earlier this year. I am reading as much as I can and cursing my local cable company for their lack of coverage.

I'll be wearing my football shirt (I used to say Jersey till corrected!) with pride.

I read all your posts faithfully as well as view the major football websites.

Archived