Where can you get served rabbit?

Bangkoktraveler

PM,

Thanks for that. Looks like a nice change. I didn't see any rabbit dishes on their menu, but the place looks very nice. I'll have to have a few drinks there and some dinner with my wife next we are in BKK. The Morrocan and Egyptian beer will be a treat I hope. Never had any.

As for rabbit, I once asked my wife if Thais eat rabbit and she said no, due I guess to the fact they are cute and cuddly she said. But hell, in Isaan at least, they eat damned near anything. The usual problem is getting them to just try it and taste it if it is not on their normal 'menu'.

But thanks, that Nomads place is now on my 'to do' list. How's the pricing?

As for Bei Otto (good place to eat in my opinion), I didn't notice rabbit on their menu but next time I am in there I'll have a closer look.

Cent

Otto does not have it, but i would try a italian (coniglio) or a french (lapin) restaurant!

Thais don't eat rabbit but they eat squirrel!

Hell, squirrel, rat, pang pawn (mongoose), bugs, frogs, scorpions, small live fish, damned near anything I have seen them eat. I'd think rabbit would be a good, inexpensive (farmed) protein source many Thais would/could enjoy. Cheaper than pork (the price of which is steadily rising), an alternative to chicken, and healthy as well (low fat).

I did see recently when at a 'jungle' restaurant in a national park outside of Saraburi a couple of months ago that the owner had some penned rabbits in his yard. Didn't think to ask him if they were eating rabbits or pets. I had a damned good beef steak there though. :thumbup: :)

Cent

Hi,

Waerth, is yours still alive? :)

Sanuk!

Yes he is, but not in my appartment anymore. Jingjoe came to Bangkok a couple of months ago (ex-gf still good friends I bought the rabbit for her years ago) and she decided to take him back to the moobaan in Udon. Even though I feared he would not survive a few days there or would simply run away it is said he is enjoying his life there and met a nice female rabbit ....

Otto does not have it' date=' but i would try a italian (coniglio) or a french (lapin) restaurant!

Thais don't eat rabbit but they eat squirrel![/quote']

Hell, squirrel, rat, pang pawn (mongoose), bugs, frogs, scorpions, small live fish, damned near anything I have seen them eat. I'd think rabbit would be a good, inexpensive (farmed) protein source many Thais would/could enjoy. Cheaper than pork (the price of which is steadily rising), an alternative to chicken, and healthy as well (low fat).

I did see recently when at a 'jungle' restaurant in a national park outside of Saraburi a couple of months ago that the owner had some penned rabbits in his yard. Didn't think to ask him if they were eating rabbits or pets. I had a damned good beef steak there though. :thumbup: :)

Cent

Rabbits are popular pets up here and seem to thrive, one of the neighbors has at least half a dozen running around the yard.

My wife had three a few years back but the Dutch neighbors dogs got them.

Archived