Lurkers, why don't you post?

khunsanuk

Hi,

As on many (most?) boards there are a lot of people on this one who lurk, i.e. read, but never/hardly ever post. Obviously I do not have a problem with this, but I do wonder sometimes as to why they don't post. Mainly this is just plain curiosity, but as the board owner I do have an interest in getting as much posts (preferably quality ones :) ) and posters on the board. It grows the board, expands the total knowledgebase and opinions, etc.; all of which in turn attract more people to the board.

So, in an effort to find out and maybe get some lurkers to post (more), here's a poll for all you lurkers out there.

Sanuk!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

khunsanuk

i am one of your lurkers. even though i have visited thailand 10 times in last 5 years mainly pattaya i still find that i really have no important information to pass on to the regular board menbers

all i can tell has already been posted

but i really appreciate the board and read regularly for any important updates

C'mon Bob...

....I'm with J2 on this one...

Stick ya 2 bob's worth in ...for farks sake mate...

Can't let the to & froms and the septics rule the roost.....

C'mon tell us ..... did you find one that's "different"....we all have..at one time or another

Struth cobber... chuck in a couple of posts...don't worry if the pack tries to maul ya....Us Aussies'll stand back to back with ya...

What r ya???? a farkn sheila...or sumthin'....

LOL Cheers DS _ come on Aussie ...come on

:beer::beer::beer:

"...C'mon tell us ..... did you find one that's "different"....we all have..at one time or another..."

What really cracks me up is/are the guys who claim "...no, it will never happen to me..." and we see it happen time and time again to them, or it has happened 20 times before, and will 20 times again, with out them wising up...and then the gang who swears... "...no, mine REALLY IS DIFFERENT! you are wrong, you don't understand..." and my favorite "... NO! This Pattaya street walker I pay to stay with me REALLY IS MY GF This is a real relationship, not like yours!..." asshole...

khunsanuk

i am one of your lurkers. even though i have visited thailand 10 times in last 5 years mainly pattaya i still find that i really have no important information to pass on to the regular board menbers

Bullshit! Make a trip report, you'd be surprised what you can contribute! I seldom get to Pattaya, but something you add, might inspire me to go! So post away! or just join in the discussions here, your opinion means something to someone I am sure!

Hi,

"i still find that i really have no important information to pass on to the regular board menbers"

Never stopped the majority of posters here :)

Just look at Torneyboy :)

Seriously though, do whatever you are comfortable with, but I for one welcome posts from new faces. Like OH said, there may always be someone who is interested.

And failing that, you can be damn sure there'll be someone to disagree :)

Sanuk!

khunsanuk

Well, thanks for stepping forward!

Listen, you really can add information and observations that can help all of us new and old.

It would be helpful to add a review of some of the hotels you stay at. Prices and a simple rating of the hotel.

You could state how you get about and the cost.

A syopsis of a night out and related activities and costs.

As you can see, some of us far away cannot keep abreast of the current costs of dining, drinks, and accomodations. I'd like to hear this information.

Certainly, a good romance story garners much attention -- but some of the mundane does help too.

Tell where you prefer to go. Some prefer Phuket while others prefer Pattaya and still others never leave the Nana Hotel.

Some like to ride the elephants. I'd love to hear another elephant story!

Jump in. Join in.

All of us can learn something. Even the 'experts' on this board can learn something new.

Welcome!

Archived