Beaujolais Nouveau in Pattaya

zzzz

It just so happens that I'm in Pattaya for the 3rd Thursday in November -- that is, when Beaujolais Nouveau comes out, world wide.

So where can I find a bottle or two of this stuff near Pattaya? I would hate to miss this on account my being in LOS.

I usually get a case every year from COSTCO -- i.e., if the reviews aren't too bad -- when I'm home.

Cheers,

zzzz

I thought all Beaujolais was drunk "Nouveau" or when new - never heard of anyone keeping it. In France it's bloody cheap to buy anywhere - here it seems some group have a franchise on it and it's expensive - 1200 a bottle. For a cheap wine - NUTS

I thought all Beaujolais was drunk "Nouveau" or when new - never heard of anyone keeping it. In France it's bloody cheap to buy anywhere - here it seems some group have a franchise on it and it's expensive - 1200 a bottle. For a cheap wine - NUTS

Well it isn't left to ferment for too long thats for sure. Beaujolais doesn't last long and really should be drunk immediately although some vintages (if its a good year) can last perhaps a few years.

I think it was Beaujolias day yesterday or am I wrong?

I think it was Beaujolias day yesterday or am I wrong?

I found this on Google search: Link

"For wine buffs all over the world, the annual release of the latest Beaujolais (known as the Beaujolais Nouveau) is an event to be savoured. Held on the 3rd Thursday of November, it is looked forward to by millions."

It looks like Royal Cliff or Au Bon Coin Restaurant on Soi 5 may be the places to go for a glass/bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived