Help mobile phone

drogon

I m faced with a problem.

When a Thai mobile phone user (81 so I suppose this is AIS) tries to call my mobile what does she have to dial?

Spain = 34

Thus logic would tell me to dial from a Thai mobile

00 34 xxx (xxx=my number)

But maybe some nokia need a + instead of a 00

This is quite crazy as my girlfriend is able to call/sms my personnal mobile but not my second mobile...(but she usually calls from her professional mobile which is not a 81 number)

help please

You're forgetting a digit. 001-34-xxx is regular int'l direct dial (IDD) calling; ~B22/min. This is the same as using the + on a Nokia, Samsung or Panasonic (dunno if other brands support that).

005, 008 or 009 is discounted IDD; ~B5/min, but lesser quality.

She my have to have her number authorized for IDD calling, especially if this is a post-paid account.

Cheers,

SD

Ironically when calling Canada frm Thailand 008 gives a better line quality.

005/7/9 are IP connections, hence sometimes but only sometimes lower quality.

Reason being is that 001 is supposed to regular connections - but in variably the telephone companies us IP routing without telling you the user :)

He means this I believe, others can add to the meaning of each calling number - just from memory:

001 - IDD (International Direct Dialing), what you get when you use the "+" on GMS networks

004 - DTAC Standard Call (VoIP)

005 - AIS Globaline (VoIP)

006 -

007 - Used to call Malaysia, Laos in the past, but now another low cost VoIP operated by TOT.

008 - Economy service (VoIP) offered by TOT.

009 - eFone (VoIP) by CAT

001 809 - (this is what I use mostly from home or work (True phones)). Shows up in the billing as a e-phone call as part of the monthly bill.

1234 - used for inside Thailand long distance, and also for calling mobile phones.

Archived