Rural Pics

CTO

For CTO. Another waterfall near the Cambo border near the first one (maybe half an hour drive away). A great place to bring the family and kids, and a bunch of the village kids as well on a hot day. Both waterfall areas have food stalls and hong nams and changing rooms, etc. Parking for plenty. Picnic areas too. Kids and adults have a blast.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My father had a love for flowers, gardens, green things. When he was ill he seemed to enjoy my sending him pics of the flowers I saw in Thailand while I was away. During the cold winter months when he was sick, and snowed in in Boston, I used to send him a daily flower pic to cheer him up and put some color into his life, to help him think and feel warm in that cold dreary time of the year. These are some of the pics I sent him. I love the bright plants and flowers one sees here in Thailand all year round.

And some more. I used to drive around the Isaan area near my home in the village with my camera in my truck. Whenever I saw some flowers I thought my Dad would enjoy I'd stop the truck and take a few shots. Even some of the most hardscrabble poor homes on the side of the roads would have flowers planted around their houses.

Archived