Rural Pics

CTO

Glad you liked those pictures.

I intend on buying a decent digital SLR camera one day soon enough, likely when I am back in the states later next year. They are expensive. There really are some amazing shots to be had here in the LOS. The smaller handycam digis just don't do enough, do justice to the capture, or have enough options. Something you can interchange lenses on would give one some nice quality photos. A good macro lens would be able to get some awesome nature pics. The smaller cameras just don't have the flexability you need.

I was impressed with Old Hippie's digi SLR Nikon camera. I used to have three decent film SLRs years ago, back in the 70's and early 80's, and loved using these. A Pentax Asahi, a Nikon, and a Nikkormat. I was getting some great shots back then with those cameras and miss doing photography with good equipment. Most of the shots I showed here were done on a 5.0 Sony Cybershot model DSC-P92 with a 3X optical zoom (f=8 - 24mm 1:28 - 5.6). It was acting up even back then and now is history. At the moment I just use my daughter's little 5.1 digi-cam. I'll post some shots I took this past weekend of the Surin Elephant Festival parade my daughter was marching in.

Cent

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir ,

in a never seen before approach on the digital world I bought several weeks ago a very small camera , Leitz , which is basically a Panasonic . I have chosen this unit because it is black , therefore looks extremely nice and because it is dead small .

The miracle now is that even an idiot like myself can immediately shoot photos that are 1a in quality due to a sytem that is exactly the same as on my first post war camera that had two buttons , one with raindrops printed on and the other one with a sun . The point is that you can put it in your pocket like a small mobile and do not look like a Chinese group tourist at the beach , or Stickman strolling down Soi 7 . Name of said machine is Leica C-Lux 2 .

Should I ever decide to study the manual and understand half of all possibilities it will shatter the world of photography .

BuBi

Archived