Sheraton Hua Hin

rchapstick

I took the GF here for a getaway weekend, using Starwood Points for a free room. I queried others on the Accommodation forum and got a limited response, so I though I'd post a review.

First, the hotel is not in Hua Hin, it is in Cha Am (but it is closer to Hua Hin town than Cha Am), just north of the Hua Hin airport. We had a car, so the location was irrelevant to us. But without wheels, this place is VERY isolated, and you'd be pretty much stuck with the hotel restaurants and activities if you came here without a car.

The hotel is shaped like an elongated U, with the short open end facing the ocean, two story room buildings along the long sides of the U, and the hotel lobby at the closed short end. In the middle of the U is a large, free-form pool (~200 meters long) with gardens, pathways, and a restaurant interspersed. At the beach end is a large lwn area with beach chairs, fronting a smallish but clean beach area. High surf over the weekend made ocean swimming impractical.

We had a a pool view room on the first floor, with the patio literally fronting the pool. you could jump off of your patio deck into the pool. "Garden View" rooms, on the opposite side of each building, face scrubby, undeveloped property on either side, and should be avoided at all costs.

The room was decorated in lots of teak, colorful tile, and silk fabrics. Not exactly Thai in style ... leaning more to modern Scandinavian. It was to me a bit of a disappointment, but the GF loved the decor, so points for me. Furnishings and the bed were very comfortable.

The service was extremely good on all fronts. At the pool/beach, staff were quick to bring towels/water/whatever. F&B service was good, but grossly overpriced.

I "paid" 7000 Starwood points per night, which I thought was reasonable but not a great value. At $200+ per night for a garden view room, I do not think it is a good value. Other Starwood hotels in Thailand at 7K points per night (notably the Sheraton Pattaya and the Meridien Khao Lak) are MUCH MUCH nicer.

Archived