President-elect promised change, picking insiders

Flashermac

For example:

Obama grabs lunch at local deli, greets patrons

By ANN SANNER, Associated Press Writer

CHICAGO â?? President-elect Barack Obama grabbed his lunch to go Friday and artfully dodged a question about the auto industry woes he'll inherit.

"We got the corned beef," Obama said as he made his way around the counter at Manny's deli. Asked by a reporter what he thought about the auto industry, he responded with a smile: "I got the corned beef."

Link

P.S. "artfully dodged"?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone here knows that I consider leftists to be psychotic retards.

But sometimes such people surprise even me:

Nov 21, 2008

NY school is renamed for Obama

NEW YORK (AP) -- It was only a matter of time. A New York school has been renamed in honor of President-elect Barack Obama.

The former Ludlum Elementary School, in Long Island's Hempstead Union Free School District, was renamed at a school board meeting Thursday - effective immediately.

School officials say most of the 440 students there are black or Hispanic, and Obama's victory is a source of great pride.

---

On the Net: http://www.hempsteadschools.org/

Link

Is that why you registered as a Democrat in 1992 and voted for Clinton? Is that the true root of your anger?

That said' date=' I'm not overly worried. The president still sets the tone. If Obama sets the tone then I have every reason to believe that those he has in his cabinet will carry out his plan according to his vision.

[/quote']

Has it struck you, steve, that Bambi has given no substantive speeches or press conferences since his election? What is his plan?

One president at a time Rogueyam. If there is anything we've learned over many months of the campaigning is that Obama has a plan. He always has a plan and he executes it well.

Okay, a campaign is not the presidency but how he ran his campaign gives us some things about the man. He is well organized, a great strategist, knows how to build a team, sticks to his message and ideals no matter what else is happening around him.

I don't think for one minute, he ran for President and then all of a sudden said 'Hmm, now what do I do'. This is a man who thinks things out to its conclusion.

I wouldn't worry that he hasn't said much.

I think he is still not the President, so hard to complain about him yet if you have any sense of fairness.

However, regarding the picks we've seen so far...I kinda like it. Bill Clinton came in as a man of change with tons of new ideas and brought with him an able and talented team who had little experience in Washington. Thus, the first year of his Presidency was wasted as they learned how to get things done.

Obama comes in with tons of new ideas and selects an able and talented team who ALREADY know how Washington works and how to get things done. Thus, he himself is the change people want, and he surrounds himself with able and experienced people to lessen the sense that his inexperience will be a detriment to the country.

As a Dem, this makes me happy that we will be getting a big change from the Bush years.

As a Repub, you would think they would be made happy that their fears about having a President who's just not ready would be assuaged. But I guess some of those people are just determined to not be happy.

Bill Richardson is an experienced diplomat. He is also bilingual. He is the logical choice for State. But Hellery? What can she do? The question comes to mind ... what do she and Bubba have on Obama that he would even think of making her Secy of State? This is the same gal who repeatedly told that ridiculous whopper about landing under fire with her daughter in Afganistan and having to run for cover. Good thing there are videos of the event.

:banghead:

Archived