Nana Hotel, Bangkok

Mike Goodtime

This is my first post since coming back from my Bangkok/Pattaya trip from mid-October to early November. Finally getting back into the swing of things since my trip.

Anyway, I am sure many of the people on this board are aware of and have stayed at the Nana Hotel, but I thought I would post this for all the people unfamilar with the Nana Hotel. Nana is an institution. You should stay there at least once if you are monger.

Address: 4 Nana Tai, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Telephone: 66-2-255-2525

Fax: 66-2-255-1769

Email: nanabkk@nanahotel.co.th

http://www.nanahotel.co.th

Location note: This is prime location for "action" and anything else in my opinion. You name it and it is within walking distance. If you are Soi Cowboy fan then walk to Nana BTS and get off at Asok BTS (only one station down). I love to get somewhere fast, so I prefer the BTS to the taxi.

Prices (per night): Standard 1490 Baht (no double booking neccesary for "guests," Superior 1690 Baht, Deluxe 1890 Baht, and Suite is 2390 Baht.

I always stay in the standard rooms and they are good enough for me. This time around I had one room with pretty many bugs. As long as my guest does not run out of the room then I could care less about bugs. But usually the rooms are relatively bug free or very, very few pop up. They stock two towels in the room, but I always as for four towels for my many guests.

Guest Friendly: Yes, and as one poster said, it is almost a requirement that you bring a guest back to your room.

Booking: Internet booking is very easy and you will get a response in no later than two days. Changing a booking is also easy even if you don't speak Thai.

Food: Good enough for me and you get a free breakfast every morning.

TV: Yes, with cable.

Phone: Yes, and there is one in the bathroom-classic.

Internet: Wi-Fi Internet in the lobby.

Safe deposit boxes: Yes, in the lobby.

Swimming Pool: Yes, but the jacuzzi is not hot enough for my taste.

Bar and Disco: Yes, there is one on-site. You get a free drink ticket upon checking in.

Newpaper: Free Bangkok Post every morning upon request.

Nana Limos to the airport (International one): 800 Baht with tip (catching on a taxi down the road might be a better option...)

Transporation to the Hotel: I took an Airport Express Bus from the Interational Airport (BKK) and it only cost me 150 Baht. I had an hour or two to blow, so I did not care about the slowness. I arrived at 10:00 a.m., so it was perfect timing.

If you have a GTG (good Thai girl) or Thai friend they might bitch about being treated like crap if they call you on the phone or meet you at the hotel. Two of my Thai lady friends complained to me that the Nana staff were extremely rude to them when they tried to call my room. They also said the P4P action gave them dirty looks as they walked into the Nana. They told me they wanted me to stay at a different hotel, but I said, in your dreams. Suck it up!

Gotta love the Nana! Be back next year!!!

• 5 months later...

Funny Story:

I have a "friend" that is a Thai girl. She cam back with me to the Nana. We walked past the security desk... they got up and grabbed her and demanded her ID. She got pissed!!!!

The ID she handed them was her United States Military Security Clearance Badge. (Girl is a US Citizen, daughter of a US Marine and a Thai mother.)

A TON of back peddling later we got a stack of free drinks.

I laughed my ass off.

Funny Story:

I have a "friend" that is a Thai girl. She cam back with me to the Nana. We walked past the security desk... they got up and grabbed her and demanded her ID. She got pissed!!!!

The ID she handed them was her United States Military Security Clearance Badge. (Girl is a US Citizen, daughter of a US Marine and a Thai mother.)

A TON of back peddling later we got a stack of free drinks.

I laughed my ass off.

I got a chuckle out of your post Mr. Corinthian.

Thanks, Mr. Goodtime for the review.

Some of the old hag punters here haven't been in the Nana in years if not decades. Yet, some still have an opinion (even it it's an old one) of this fine hotel.

I've never seen or had any bugs but I usually stay up in the higher floors.

Aren't bugs altophobiacs?

This hotel is not just a place to stay. It's a whole experience. Western/Eastern culture at it's best !

Archived