Won't happen again...

youngfarang

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first, what defines an "average Thai"?

Average salaries usually calculated by the national statistic ogranizations are usually quite high which is normal.

The average Thais I know make anywhere between 1k to 3k per day and they are all either middle class office ladies or farmers.

500 bht per week? I think even the last beggar in BKK makes more than that.

By the way, if an "average Thai" makes 500 bht/week how can one explain that some lowest level workers make at least 8k per month or farmers making 7-8k, doesn't add up.

Before throwing figures it would be best if youngfarang goes work a bit in Thailand...

Getting figures about average salaries of "average Thais" in beer and gogo bars usually don't provide accurate data.

Drogon - I don't know many farmers who make 1000 baht a day :(

GOing rate for rice cutting (by hand) is about 150 - 200 baht a day (plus beer at end of day :) )

I think RY was referring to minimum wage majority of rural workers get. His mistake I think can be forgiven as he is a tourist not living here.

Although I know one couple of farmers who make on average 25-35k per month (when harvest time comes) but this is only one case.

(and they are clever and really hard workers)

Back on topic:

I have never been robbed by a BG but of course I never went with freelancers and then tried to make them accept 500 or 1k for their services.

I think sometimes people make the mistake of showing those a lot less better off (Flash edit please) their valuable items in a moment of good nature (not showing off) however around certain people of loose morals (which is why we like them n the first place I assume) this can lead to temptation ;)

Besides the endless discussion of what is an average Thai and what do they make, I have some issue even using the comparison to justify a price to f*ck someone anyway. I just donâ??t see what the price YF pays to have his dick sucked has anything to do with how much one gets paid to cut rice.

:nono:

TH

Thaihome: Voice of reason this time and I did not try to compare average salaries with how much a fuck should cost...this is vile.

I always went with the price of the market...

:bow:

CTO: We are all weak humans but I learned a long time ago not to flash whatever wealth I might have to people who are less lucky than me...

Archived