4 Days, No Mobile, Nice

The_Munchmaster

I was in Damascus, Syria for 4 days this week and because I didn't have a local SIM and my phone service is not roaming my mobile remained off for the entire time. So no calls, no ability to call anyone and no messages for 4 days. Very pleasant actually. :) Can't remember the last time that happened.

Damn lucky bastard, wish my mobiles could be dead sometimes...(especially when the dumbass at the USA head office call me at 2 am in the morning having forgotten the time difference)

You lucky so much

:beer:

How was Damascus? Never been to Damascus.

I was working most of the time so didn't get to see much of it at all.

Looks like a bit of a dump, especially the airport, but underneath it could be OK.

Quite a liberal society. Friendly girls. No prob getting alcohol. Good restaurants. Worst driving I have experienced.

I was in Amman, Jordan at the end of October. A very similar country.

I went to Jordan and like it a lot.

Read recently some articles speaking about the development of Syria from a tourism perspective...

Your little trip there reinforces my conviction that this country is evolving in the right direction slowly.

Driving worst than any other country you visited???

No roaming for this specific country?? any idea why? I thought major telecom providers had deals with local providers anywhere a network is?

Archived