Watch out Leeds United

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

not being a football fan these days this did however catch my attention. histon fc are playing leeds united in the FA cup play off. histon is a village the other side of cambridge from me, its pretty amazing such a small tiny club is playing leeds united. :)

Should the title of the thread read "Watch out for Leeds United fans" lol...from what I hear they are pretty raucus.

Congrats to the village. Yes, Leeds are not the same club of the Revie days of the early '70s or even a few years ago but there is still a big enough gulf in class with the village that if they beat Leeds it would be massive I would think.

i prefer this story..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7749173.stm

a smaller match in reality but i hope the smaller Team goes through'

they are the lowest ranked Team left in the Compie and it would be another fairytale if they reached the 3rd Round.

i remember my local amateur Team defying the odds and being rewarded with a Game at Anfield.

they shocked Liverpool by taking the lead twice before losing to a much much superior Team.

greatest Day of their Football careers.........

so far 4 of the non-league Teams are through to the 3rd round of the Cup and still 3 to play with the chance to join the big boys.

Barrow,Torquay,Forest Green and Eastwood Town will be awaiting the draw with excitement at the thought of drawing a PL Team and earning a lot of cash.

my local Amateur Team made enough Money last Season to pay for the completion of their new ground,Players wages for 2 Years and most of the bills for 2 Years.

i always like the draw for the 3rd round as it is the most exciting to me.

i always hope the Amateurs get a big Team and realise their dream.

Guest lazyphil

i dont know much about football since i stopped following around the era of ray clemence was a goalie for liverpool. i just thought leeds were premiership. obviuosly not. :content:

Who do you hate more, Liverpool or Leeds Utd?

Actually I don't really hate Man Utd because I respect them for what they have acheived and the way they try to play. I think most Liverpool fans would say the same thing.

I have no respect for Leeds because most of their fans are subhuman.

I still hope you get thrashed 27 nil later on though :neener:

Archived