LOS themesong?

Its 2008 post a

Oy, drunk. Forgot Utube.

What a *great* band they were, eh?

Cheers,

SD -- still vodka left, and I saw Jesus Jones on the Utube related links: cool, and that reminds me of Material Issue (Valerie Loves Me!)! My neighbors are gonna hate me, cuz its not good unless its LOUD!!!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
USV

So you are not the worlds most passionate guy then :neener:

I posted that one for YF. :neener:

From my own experience, I'd have to choose another Kinks song: Alcohol. ;)

Edit: The link I posted ain't even the Kinks and has a different (happy) ending. Must have been covered by an AA guy.

I couldn't find a decent video of the Kinks to post except a long live version.

Oooo, Gordon Lightfoot just popped up. Not an awesome song, but I can relate the the lyric: "Sometimes I think its a sin when I feel like I'm winnin' when I'm losin' again" and of course "Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain."

Too deep for dawn, eh?

Cheers,

SD

Oooo, Gordon Lightfoot just popped up. Not an awesome song, but I can relate the the lyric: "Sometimes I think its a sin when I feel like I'm winnin' when I'm losin' again" and of course "Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain."

Too deep for dawn, eh?

Cheers,

SD

"Sundown" is an awesome song! It says it all! "...I can see her laying back in satin dress in a room where you do what you don't confess..." NNB plays it a lot. Or at least they do when I am there!

On my second trip to Thailand in 1999 there was a disease of a song going around called 'Mambo No. 5.' Heard it every bar in Bangkok and Pattaya. Fortunately, I didn't have to hear it when I got home, except for maybe in supermarkets a few years later, but the song sure reminds me of that trip when ever I'm subjected to it.

The memories it evokes are nice, but the song still blows, big time.

No youtube link here, they're all shitty versions:

Do it again, Steely Dan, especially this verse:

When you know she's no high climber

Then you find your only friend

In a room with your two timer

And you're sure you're near the end

Then you love a little wild one

And she brings you only sorrow

All the time you know she's smilin'

You'll be on your knees tomorrow

Archived