Tis the Season - Support the Board

rchapstick

I know KS is not the sort of person to do this, but I'd like to remind one and all that operating Thai360 is NOT free, that KS puts ALOT of time and resources into running the board, and there are things that we, as members, can and should do to support the board.

Please consider doing one or more of the following:

1. Donate: Yes, I know that times are tough for many of us, but a small donation does go a long way to helping the board's finances. If you are in town and attend the Friday meet, you can give in person, or just click on the "Support Thai360" button above.

2. Buy Something on Amazon: If you are planning on buying something from Amazon, you can help the board for free. Shop on Amazon and just leave everything in your cart. Then go to Thai3650, click on the "STORE" button, buy an item (ANY item is OK) and add it to your cart, click on the "are you sure you want to add this to your cart" button, and you will see the book in your cart along with your other items. You can now delete said item, pay for the stuff you want, and the board get a % of the total sale.

3. Add Good Content: And no, replying to a thread with :yeahthat: or :beer: does not count. Write a review, a trip report, make a meaningful contribution to an interesting discussion. All of these make the board more interesting, which drives up traffic and adds to advertising revenue.

Thanks

RChapstick

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
donating is a fine thing to do and many have by having the privilege of a little orange tab by their name.

don't see yours.......... :hmmm:

That's odd, given that I donated 1000 baht to KS in October, as well as last year and the year before.

It's been there before, and I still have access to the member section.

KS???

Another option is to have the proceeds from friendly wagers donated to the board.

I donated a couple thousand baht in zzzz's name when he disagreed with my take on the Oscar worthiness of the film American Gangster and I lost our bet. :(

zzzz got to gloat over his accurate assessment of the film :cussing: and I got to feel better about my loss knowing the money was going to a good cause and not lining zzzz's pockets. ;)

Surely there are enough pissing matches going on within this board to sustain it for years to come :grinyes:

Just think of the revenue that could have been generated from some of the arguments in the US Election thread alone :rotfl:

Chappy,

totally agree 100%

But this year I will keep my big trap shut.....seem to remember that I started a major shit fight last year, about this time, on the same subject

Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention in a much more relaxed manner

Cheers DS

Chappy,

totally agree 100%

But this year I will keep my big trap shut.....seem to remember that I started a major shit fight last year, about this time, on the same subject

Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention in a much more relaxed manner

Cheers DS

:yeahthat:

Oh, the irony ...

Hi,

Thanks, rchapstick.

There are actually a few more affiliate programs we are part of and I've been meaning to make a page listing them. I'll see if I can get that page done this weekend.

Sanuk!

PS Could the person who donated last night please contact me by PT. There is no username in the email notification and I cannot match up the email address with any of the user accounts.

Archived