Dems to close all bars?

FarangFatal

Seems that slated at # 3 to be the Dem PM is none other that our great friend on the nightlife

Puritanical: read below...

According to the result, most respondents would like Mr Anand to take the prime minister's post, followed by former interior minister Purachai Piemsombun and opposition Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva. The respondents viewed that the new premier must excel in addressing economic and well-being issues more than social and political problems.

does anyone think that punters are beign ignored? I hope the hotel association, food and bev industry and the BG's union complain! I'll vote no to K. Purachai P. by making it Filipino Food next month!

We punters are just parasites exploiting a flawed situation (and this is the case for punters in all countries -> the basic reason is economy).

I don't try to make a moral stand, I am just stating the obvious as we all have sampled the delights of LOS nightlife at some point or another.

I think hell will turn cold before LOS MP/bars are closed...NEP wouldn't be a great loss and the girls will always find another place where to practice

I think not.

The Democrats are practical politicians. Anyone who has to answer to an electorate has to be practical. An appointed government does not.

Khun Purachai was a a pain, but he didn't last long under Thaksin.

All of the puritanical legislation recently enacted was the product of the appointed National Legislative Assemby. Case in point - the Alcoholic Beverages Control, which is ludicrous. If read literally, it prohibits displays of alcoholic beverages anywhere - even in a bar.

For once I agree with Gadfly. Even if the Dem politicians are rich people with (0,) 1, 2, 3 or 4 mia nois and not interested in the nightlife sector they still must understand the potential in the tourism and expat sex income.

Archived