Things we can add to this arts and culture forum

Central Scrutinizer

That makes better sence - and not too many

Thai Photo club - any photo's we all take - rural or otherwise.

Thai Culture - stamps mmorlam etc

Thai SPorts - Muay Thai etc.

Those three should cover it and make it easu for newbies to go through all the pics - defalt gallery.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I am supporting that which you had said in your post. If the site is going to be 360 degrees of Thailand info available then the members here should help make it more than it presently is by helping to add things about Thailand and diversify the content here by adding their knowledge of all things Thai. There are many knowledgable people coming here that could add a lot to the site about Thailand.

Personally I'd get rid of the non-Thailand news area, as it adds nothing to the site. The focus here should be Thailand, all things Thai, not the US elections, or news from around the world (which we can get elsewhere easily). Half the time (unless there is a big crisis such as these PAD protests and such) there is ten times more news and discussion/posts of non-Thai things than there is about Thai news and related information. I can come in here and see many posts that have nothing to do with Thailand, and barely anything about Thailand 'news'. There are a lot of areas of Thailand related things that are rarely, if ever, touched on. If there were more info of a broader nature on all things Thai it would expand the data available and bring in more people due to the fact there would be more 'Thailand' info available. 360 degrees, ALL things Thai. Art, culture, nightlife, temples, tourist sites to see, their coins and money, stamps, collectables, amulets, religions, archaeology, history, politics, sports, law, visa info, hotels , restaurants, etc. Almost all of this has already been provided a space here by KS, yet there is very little being added to many of these good and relevent forums already provided.

While monetary contributions and donations are a good way to help the board, what is really needed, also needed, is much more content, good content, to keep the board vibrant and growing and attracting new members and getting lurkers to add their own knowledge where their own areas of Thai-related interest lay and their expertise is added for the benefit of all whose interests may be similar. That takes time though, and a bit of thought and energy, and many seem not to be willing to take the time to write up and add this content that they could easily provide to help the board grow. Most seem willing to just let others do this.

Well, there are no others really, and as members of this site they need to take a bit of time to post their stories, post their knowledge, their hobbies, their areas of interest, post their pics, their hotel, bar, and restaurant experiences and ratings, etc. etc. etc. all relating to Thailand. All the other topics should be discouraged in my opinion as they distract and take the focus off Thailand and into other areas that add nothing to the board.

JMHO and thoughts. It is up to the members here to take the time to add something Thailand related of interest to the site to make it more interesting and to help the site grow and mature.

Cent

Cent this site will not attract more visitors as long as all the talk about bargirls is going on in virtually every part of this board outside of the nightlife section.

You don't take offense, I don't but many people are very narrowminded and do not want to read about thise things.

No it doesn't - sub forums get just as messy.

Unless there is a real gallery - which until there is this is pretty much a very hard thing to do - why not just ONE thread of photo's? That way everyone can add - go back - easily find something.

That was the idea of the thread I started and others added too.

To have competing picture threads just doesn't make sense.

Cent this site will not attract more visitors as long as all the talk about bargirls is going on in virtually every part of this board outside of the nightlife section.

You don't take offense, I don't but many people are very narrowminded and do not want to read about thise things.

Waerth,

Yes, I think you are spot on. While most of us here are not so puritanical and easily offended, many are. I do think all mention of nightlife activities should be kept in the appropriate area. Which are Trip reports/Stories, Nightlife, etc. It does have a tendency at times to bleed over into other areas of the board.

But, even if all mention is kept in a certain area some/many of those people who are easily offended will still not use the board just because it DOES have that sort of info available on the site. Those types of people will never be happy but will want to try to get all mention of the sexual matters and prostitution totally off the site. It is hard to please everyone, and I don't think KS should try to even.

In my opinion though if you have good content and lots of it most people will come just for that fact, except the twats that are overly sensitive, and they can go to Thorntree or the other sites that don't have any content on the sexual stuff. I think this site is a happy medium for the most part that includes all aspects of Thailand, the 360 degrees of it.

It just needs more content on all the other areas from those members here who can provide this. We've discussed this before here, and KS has asked the frequent members to please add to these other areas when they can and if they can. If the info is here a lot of people will come to get the info they desire. I think most people are sophisticated enough to realize what does go on in Thailand in the matters of sex, and know how to avoid that which they don't want to read easily enough. It ain't rocket science, but I do see what you mean with the bleed-over of topic from one area to another.

Archived