Bye bye GM/Chrysler/Ford??

drogon

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I just found that CIA has warned the US government about foreign reactions to the "bail-out"

A "bail-out" no matter the size is already starting to get protests from foreign countries (Germany, Japan) as they see that as unfair competition for their own car makers....

Will it be a loan or a "bail-out disguised as a loan"?

Well, we see that most states are in shitty shape also and are lining up for handouts...can't wait for the hospitals to start doing the same. When will we hear from the NFL/MLB?

HH

Exactly the point. The refusal for a quick bailout means these assholes will now have to fix their own mess and fast. Could win more cooperation and what not later on.

I'm happy about this. Credit markets can't go back to functioning normally if industries think they can go to the government for better terms. At some point, we have to let the markets figure out where the bottom is...

I can't say I'm happy about it, but I'm against the bail-out. They should re-organize under chapter 11 like everyone else. If they are bailed out now, they will become another Amtrac. The auto companies will know that they have a safety for making bad decision and use all the government conditions in the package as an excuse why they can't be profitable.

What the car companies need is some "tough love" and let free markets sort it out. It will be painful in the short term, but long term consequences of a bailout will be greater.

I'm happy about this. Credit markets can't go back to functioning normally if industries think they can go to the government for better terms. At some point' date=' we have to let the markets figure out where the bottom is...[/quote']

I'm happy too for this very reason. We need auto companies that manufacture cars that people will buy at prices that enable the company to operate at a profit. We do not need car companies that stay in business by successfully obtaining payments from taxpayers irrespective of whether those taxpayers own one of their cars or not.

EGAD! For once I more or less agree with RY.

zen

Archived