Bye bye GM/Chrysler/Ford??

drogon

Note: they look to blame the unions for not taking pay cuts...strange the CEOs aren't asked to take pay cuts to match the Japanese CEOs in pay and benefits!

$14B auto bailout dies in Senate

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081212/ap_on_go_co/congress_autos

...Republicans, breaking sharply with President George W. Bush as his term draws to a close, refused to back federal aid for Detroit's beleaguered Big Three without a guarantee that the United Auto Workers would agree by the end of next year to wage cuts to bring their pay into line with U.S. plants of Japanese carmakers. The UAW refused to do so before its current contract with the automakers expires in 2011...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, the unions ARE at fault.

$75 an hour for the average autoworker that requires NO education?

Not only that they have some sort of job bank that pays them if they are laid off, AT FULL SALARY!

Shit, I make $25 an hour and my job requires a college degree! Even if you add benefits, I'm not even making close to $50!

Why should MY money go to bail out these companies so they can continue pay these autoworkers over $100k a year?!?

Well these union knuckleheads have managed to kill the steel industry, I guess its their time to kill the auto industry too!

I say let them sink...

-=/NN

I agree... tis the Unions. Commies.... $75 buck per hour for some dumb boot lipped moron. Cut the pay of all of them!

As usual HJ, you up the ante and are even a bigger idiot than RY.

Congrats...that is a very hard thing to do!

Cheers,

SD

Archived