Washington Square reprieve (again)

But i've heard...on good authority... that W Sq....is a VERY dangerous place....for the unwary....

Cheers DC

Now I'm interested, I like dangerous, especially if it involves dodgy women. I have been to 'The Square' on a couple of occasions, usually dinner at Bourbon St with some buddies and then maybe a bar or two in the area but nebber really explored. Now I need to know. How about a plan, a night in 'The Square', or a day even, whatever. Where to start, order of progression, where to eat, who not to eat, that sort of thing. Can I expect to meet dangerous women at every turn or do I need to encourage them from the recesses with offers from the Tequira botten?

Yours in great anticipation...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Al,

Now please, I have never heard people in the bars of Wash Square making disparaging and condescending remarks about Euros and Scandis. The French, well, yeah, some. :) Are you serious? There are the same amount of fools and idiots in the American enclave as there are in the areas the Japns hang out, the Euros hang out, the Scandis hang out, the Brits hang out, etc. You can't be serious, Al. The majority of Americans you'll meet in BKK are laid back and cool. We all have our fools, just as you do. I just ignore them and have a good time with the cool people one can meet on a night out on the town or an afternoon sucking downa few cold ones when in the mood.

The French are Europeans like it or not. That said the majority of Americans I've met in Thailand have appeared to be quite decent, you included. The same goes for other parts in the world I have been to. As always it's the minority the gives a people the bad rep. I do ignore and avoid the scum by trying to stay away from places where suspect they will gravitate to. Read the board a few years back and you will find plenty of posts about eurotrash etc.

But i've heard...on good authority... that W Sq....is a VERY dangerous place....for the unwary....

Cheers DC

Now I'm interested' date=' I like dangerous, especially if it involves dodgy women. I have been to 'The Square' on a couple of occasions, usually dinner at Bourbon St with some buddies and then maybe a bar or two in the area but nebber really explored. Now I need to know. How about a plan, a night in 'The Square', or a day even, whatever. Where to start, order of progression, where to eat, who not to eat, that sort of thing. Can I expect to meet dangerous women at every turn or do I need to encourage them from the recesses with offers from the Tequira botten?

[/quote']

Step 1: Drink heavily

Step 2: Go to Wild Country

Step 3: Buy some cheap Lady Drinks

Step 4: Sit back and see what happens ...

Why do you take offense to the term "EURO TRASH" when you know it doesn't pertain to you? Plenty here bash Americans, yet only some Americans take offense to it...if the shoe fits...if it doesn't...

Lots of posts using the term euro trash indicate that they regard all Europeans as trash. What pisses me off is that if I responded by calling them yankee dregs I would most likely be banned "tout le suite". Mind you many of these posters come from a country that has set up torture camps on a global scale. Guess who I and many others think are trash?

How many posts haven't been made here about how Europeans are trash because they have shaved heads. I happen to have a nearly shaved head due to a genetic disposition for hair loss. Because of this I have to put up with being refereed to as trash by people that I don't even regard as human beings.

I see, so you are saying the truth hurts? O.k. for you to hate a certain type of person, you "...don't consider human..." but not ok for someone else to do the same? I'd say you have some issues that need attention.

BTW, I agree with you, it is terrible the way the Swedes came to the USA, set up camps and tortured and killed the native Americans and stole their land and resources. Perhapes if the USA hadn't been "settled" by such people, our policies today would be different?

Cheers DC

Now I'm interested' date=' I like dangerous, especially if it involves dodgy women. I have been to 'The Square' on a couple of occasions, usually dinner at Bourbon St with some buddies and then maybe a bar or two in the area but nebber really explored. Now I need to know. How about a plan, a night in 'The Square', or a day even, whatever. Where to start, order of progression, where to eat, who not to eat, that sort of thing. Can I expect to meet dangerous women at every turn or do I need to encourage them from the recesses with offers from the Tequira botten?

[/quote']

....lol..."A plan"....

Ok...will be in town late January....

Set aside a Day...& night....and we'll..."Do the Square"....

offers from the Tequira botten....always get things rocking & rolling......

...By dangerous....I was referring to the damage that can be done to one's health....and wallet....rather than any threat of physical harm....

Plan is....

Breakfast at Bourbon St..say 11ish

Then Taffy's for a couple of heart starter G & T's and a friendly chat with mine Host....while he is still vaguely understandable...lol...

..maybe some "diddling"...depending on the staff du jour....

Then..... just.... Go with the flow...and see what happens....

Cheers DC

Archived