Federal Hotel

redwood13

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Federal Hotel is ancient. It was one of the hotels used to house the US soldiers that went to BKK for R&R during the Vietnam war.

I've no current info on the hotel, having not stayed there for years [6!], But, I do recall the poor design of the rooms whereby the screened window in the bathroom let all noise from the room drift into the central corridor. Hence, if you or a lady are loud, everyone knows about it ;-).

I do hope they've finally changed the carpeting!

The plus is that the rooms are [were] reasonably inexpensive and the location is convenient.

If they are owned/run by the same family, then why is Honey so much cheaper?

I suppose the location? The Federal used to be much cheaper, as did the place next door (Bright city towers). SOI 11 HAS GOTTEN POPULAR IN THE LAST FEW YEARS, AND I THINK THAT HAS A LOT TO DO WITH IT. I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF THE FEDERAL ONE day disappeared, as the land is so valuable there. Sorry for the cap lock...to lazy to go back and redo it.

BTW, Federal and Honey are owned by the same group of families, not sure what their over all relationship is. Odd is, I watched the owners kids grow up! Daughter is cute as hell, now works as a manager...I remember when they were young...oh how I have aged...

If they are owned/run by the same family, then why is Honey so much cheaper?

As I remember the cheapest room in the Honey is 800B but has no fridge and is smaller than the cheapest rooms in the Federal (1,000B) which as well as being slightly bigger has a fridge and better tv channels (last time I stayed anyway).

Simie.

Archived