Federal Hotel

redwood13

Just an aside, but does anybody know if the ghost has checked out of the HONEY yet? I remember when I stayed there a number of years ago, many Soi Cowboy girls wouldn't set foot (or ass) in the place. There had supposedly been a gruesome death in one of the rooms and the resulting "pii" lingered on.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

To answer my own question, I stayed at the Fed this past weekend. There is noise from the condo construction - metal on metal hammering for the most part. It starts at 06:00 and goes on into the evening. Not so loud in the rooms that you can't sleep and the brief time I spent at the pool was ok. Several folks at the pool both Sat and Sunday so I guess they were ok with it as well.

They refurbished most of the rooms over the past months. Pergo flooring, wall paper gone and wood grained paneling and tile have replaced it. Cabinetry has been refinished with all done in light tones. And lighting much improved with ceiling cans and bedside switches. That old '50s dark varnished Thai ambiance is gone.

Meanwhile across the way the new Citadines Hotel has a genuine Irish pub - Temples - with sandwiches at 250 baht and bottled beer 140. The place is more Dwell magazine than Dublin in decor.

And the ground floor of the Grand President is site of the Manchester United Restaurant & Bar. This is part of ManU's marketing scheme to promote branding of the name in areas other than sport. There were no decent seats free to watch football Sunday night so I ended up in a small bar on 7/1 to watch another Reds patented finish :)

-redwood

Archived