WooHoo Lions! We're #1!

Of course, that means I'm left with no bandwagon at all now and root for the Chargers, even though I don't expect them to go far in the playoffs.

If San Diego plays like they did against Denver they could go far! Although their competition will be a bit stronger very soon!

Who do you guys think the Lions will draft #1? I follow college ball more than pro and I cant think of a clear frontrunner for the draft.

USViring...LA native here, but moved out north 11 few years ago when I retired. I guess I stayed a Rams fan cuz I started going to the games with my dad in the 50's. Could get endzone seats for $2.95 (open seating) :)

I only root for the Raiders to lose. Talk about dickheads...Al Davis (IMO) rules ! Sad to see them win so many games this year. Malavasi lived near me when he was coaching. Saw him picking up a couple of bottles one night at a local liquor store after a tough road game loss. He was certainly not a politician or graduate of Norman Vincent Peale's academy...555

Badger. I'm hoping that both San Diego and Arizona get past the first round tomorrow. Certainly San Diego has the better chance. I want to see Warner have a good game and have the East Coast guys have to suffer...seeing teams that are not up to THEIR standards do well. 55555

And, of course, want to see USC win the Rose Bowl again :) Should be a good game.

HH

My judgment of Malavasi is based on one experience.

I was on a flight to Cabo and got the last row window seat. Malavasi and his coaching staff were on board, going on a fishing trip. The flight was slightly delayed and they were serving margaritas on the ground. The stewardesses never made it to the back of the plane because the coaches were making asses of themselves, blocking the aisle and guzzling up all the margaritas on the tray before the stews could get very far. One of them told a Mexican stew that her make up made her look like a clown. That was strike one. Depriving me of a drink was strike two. :drunk:

Strike three came during the flight when Malavasi was at the back of the plane waiting to use the loo. A young boy and his father were sitting next to me. The kid was a soccer player and asked Ray what he could do to improve his kicking skills in order to some day play in the NFL. The response was something like, "Too much competition out there. Just forget about it, kid." The kid and his father's jaws dropped. I couldn't believe he said it, even if he was being honest.

There were other things about the Rams management that bothered me, especially getting rid of a number of popular players.

Archived