Mighty Euro back up above 50 again - Almost on parity to Sterling now!

WorldFun

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't really hit home until you have to go to Europe and realise that you only get 1 Euro for your Pound. I have just booked a weeks skying in Meribel, just look at the feckin prices at the bar in my hotel :yikes:

Fookin hell!

Did you bring a suitcase with food an bottled water? :smirk:

This reminds me of the time when I went to Japan in 2000. I had planned to stay 3 months on a budget of 12.000 Deutsch Mark. But the Euro was just introduced and immediately fell to 72 Cents/1 USD (today it's 1.40). Every lunch or beer hurt and I came back to Germany with a huge debt.

Be careful that nationalistic pride doesn't cloud your financial judgment.

Signore ,

I have no financial judgement at all to make , I have been following the winds of trade all my life and not listening to anybody's recommendations or future-telling . Currently I buy in China using cheap US currency . I mainly sell throughout Europe using ever the same â?¬ - pricelist ; my UK suppliers quote in â?¬ for a long time already . Sterling has become meaningless in international trade , the UK citizens will therefore have to live with a floating Pound which includes suffering from time to time . Up to them , I have been a fanatic â?¬ supporter from day 1 .

Germany does fairly well now due to some reforms that have been made over last 5 years plus reasonable unions accepting low wage increase .

It doesn't really hit home until you have to go to Europe and realise that you only get 1 Euro for your Pound. I have just booked a weeks skying in Meribel, just look at the feckin prices at the bar in my hotel :yikes:

Ludicrous prices those Teddy!

How come a 16 yo Lagavulin is only â?¬2.5 dearer than a JW Red when a bottle is twice the cost?!

How much is the week going to set you back?

Archived