Jakarta v Thailand

LookieLookie

At the end of January I'm hitting one of these two destinations. It's proving a tough call and I need your help. Do I stick with the tried and true oir do I make the leap into the great unknown?

I've been to Thailand many times but never to Jakarta. Which is the better destination and why?

Thailand Pro's:

Go Go's. I like to drink and perve. I don't bang these girls anymore but it's always nice to look!

Convenience. It's so easy to move between Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya. I can spend a few days on the beach cruising around on a scooter, shopping and hanging out with friends in Bangkok and then take a drive to Pats for some real debauchery.

The ability to pick up at BED Supperclub or some other upmarket venue while also getting down and dirty at a go go within a few minutes on the skytrain is fantastic.

Friends. It's always good to catch up with old friends. I miss them and it'd be great to see them again.

Shopping. The shopping in Bangkok is excellent. I know where to shop and can haggle using my beginners's Thai.

Cons:

The political unrest bullshit could crop up at anytime and the airport could close leaving me fucked. I start a new job a few days after my return from BKK or Jkt and they won't tolerate any excuses.

Been there done that. Lets face it Thailand isn't a challenge for me anymore and I'm getting sick of treading where every other cunt on this earth has already tread.

Jakarta Pro's:

It's all new so every new venue has unlimited potential and that feeling of anything could happen. This is quite a rush for a solo traveller.

GFE: I've had many of these in Thailand. In fact, it's hard to imagine being treated any better. I've had holidays paid for me, stunning hi-so Chinese Thai girls giving me great sex, working girls banging me for free trying to line me up for marriage, I've been treated like a King. But, from the Jakarta thread it seems that I can get this expereince in spades from both working and non-working girls everywhere. It seems that girls in the street are very approachable. Thaialnd is similar for me but the thread suggests its even better in Jakarta! that has to be seen to be believed.

The thread also suggests that picking up even working girls in Jakarta is very natural and money isn't such a huge and upfront issue, it's more of a bonus for the girls. This is a great feeling.

CONS:

LOGISTICS: Jakarta from all reports is a huge city and you can spend a lot of time in taxis trying to find a good venue thats pumping and has what u want. I'm impatient and with limited travelling time I don't want to waste too much time mucking around.

LIMITS: Indonesia doesn't have the open debauchery of Thailand. Some might say that's a good thing and it may well be. But, the ability to go to venues with lots of nudity anytime I want is appealing.

ENDORSEMENTS: I keep running into people who rave about Jakarta. All these people can't be wrong. There must be something special about this place and that makes it an attractive destination for me. Why is this place appearing on so many lists as the number one destination to go?

So, for those who have been to both places please provide your two cents!

I have been quite a few times to both places and my experience is as follows:

Girls in Indonesia are more approachable and open than Thai girls. And I am talking about non-p4p girls, like girls in shops and offices.

I always found the majority of Thai women rather reserved (except the p4p-ones of course).

LOGISTICS: Jakarta from all reports is a huge city and you can spend a lot of time in taxis trying to find a good venue thats pumping and has what u want. I'm impatient and with limited travelling time I don't want to waste too much time mucking around.

Replace Jakarta with Bangkok and there isn't much difference, is there?

Replace Jakarta with Bangkok and there isn't much difference, is there?

With that statement you don't sound like you have ever been to Jakarta?! Actually there is a massive difference. Totally different cities. Nightlife and non nightlife.

Archived