Tough sentences in China over huge piracy ring: Microsoft

beano

"...There is no 'high horse' crap here. I am certain there isn't a person on this board who has never copied a CD, movie, software program, etc. Most though admit that they are stealing. Whether or not you would have bought the CD, movie, etc is irrelevant..."

Quite a bit of "high horse crap" here when you look at it, ESPECIALLY since Everyone here has done it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH is it really necessary to use so many words to say what you mean?

As far as I'm concerned, she and anyone else like her are thieves and should be punished. In her case prison, fine and deportation. :thumbup:

And what should happen to those who buy her products? Have anything "Swag" in your possession? dvds, watches? Cds? T-shirts with copy righted logos you bought in LOS? what should happen to you?

What happens, you buy the software and it soesn't work, WTF, so no you have to go the the company's website and download a patch to get it to work...after doing this a few times, WTF, why buy the software, it doesn't work??? I do not agree that a company should sell a product that they KNOW doesn't work!!!

OK, so fark them, I will buy a pirate copy and when they can sell a product that does work, without patch after patech after patch, then I will buy a WORKING product!!!

We have to do something to force the companies to market a product that works and not get sucked into this M$ stream of OK, it doesn't farkin work so I will wait for the patch...bull shit!!! market a tested and working product, then farkin talk about piracy!!!

OH - Learn to read.

GIVING A COPY IS NOT THE SAME AS GIVING THE ORIGINAL.

You give the original book you bought. You can no longer read that book until you get it back.

You let somebody else install XYZ software on their computer and you still have it installed on yours. Guess what, you gave them a copy.

Why can't you get that in your head? Are you so bent on stealing and justifying it that you can't see the difference?

Blah blah blah...Now you address my questions about the reselling of print media, second hand book stores etc, and answer my question, why do software manufactures want all these oppressive restrictions on the use of their products that don't exist/aren't enforced for other media?

OH is it really necessary to use so many words to say what you mean?

As far as I'm concerned' date=' she and anyone else like her are thieves and should be punished. In her case prison, fine and deportation. :thumbup: [/quote']

And what should happen to those who buy her products? Have anything "Swag" in your possession? dvds, watches? Cds? T-shirts with copy righted logos you bought in LOS? what should happen to you?

Probably nothing.

Than NOTHING should happen to people dealing in software either.

As I have pointed out, many things are license/copy right protected, but no one gives a shit about that, ONLY when it is software/dvds does anyone get their nuts in a bunch and take the moral high ground yelling "Pirate, thief!" Sorry if that is too many words for you. :)

OH - Learn to read.

GIVING A COPY IS NOT THE SAME AS GIVING THE ORIGINAL.

You give the original book you bought. You can no longer read that book until you get it back.

You let somebody else install XYZ software on their computer and you still have it installed on yours. Guess what' date=' you gave them a copy.

Why can't you get that in your head? Are you so bent on stealing and justifying it that you can't see the difference?[/quote']

Blah blah blah...Now you address my questions about the reselling of print media, second hand book stores etc, and answer my question, why do software manufactures want all these oppressive restrictions on the use of their products that don't exist/aren't enforced for other media?

It is enforced on other media. People don't take the time to steal(read copy) a book because it's not worth it. Stop playing stupid. Atleast I hope you're playing stupid.

Than NOTHING should happen to people dealing in software either.

As I have pointed out, many things are license/copy right protected, but no one gives a shit about that, ONLY when it is software/dvds does anyone get their nuts in a bunch and take the moral high ground yelling "Pirate, thief!" Sorry if that is too many words for you. :)

I'm really sorry that you're blinded by your own beligerant views that you can't see nobody is taking a high ground.

It's been stated MULTIPLE times that it's stealing, and that people admit to doing it.

You're the only person who tries to act like it's anything else.

You're about as funny as the guy who goes into nana plaza thinking that there's no hookers in there and he's not paying for sex.

My two cents:

If MS products would not have been pirated since decades those products would not have become that standard PC software (Windows, MS Office).

If the software would have had an unbreakable protection only a few thousands people in SE-Asia and China would use MS products and Open Source software would be much more wide spread.

Anyway, with the introduction of 'cloud computing' we all will have to pay soon.

For example I was just looking for a easy to use CRM (customer relation management) software for my office Mac. While Mac based CRM software costs around 115-180 USD, webbased CRM like Highrise is 25 USD per month, you do the math...

I already back up my office Mac with "Jungle Disk" to Amazons S3 servers, sync the office contacts with Plaxo, etc. And every service costs a few bucks per month...

All major software makers are moving to the cloud...

Archived