Tough sentences in China over huge piracy ring: Microsoft

beano

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but when you transfer the ownership of some software, you have to pay a fee to the manufacturer, not so with other products, such as cars. The manufacturer could make the same claims the software companies make, and require one. What's to stop them?

It is enforced on other media. People don't take the time to steal(read copy) a book because it's not worth it. Stop playing stupid. Atleast I hope you're playing stupid.

A number of members of this board used to meet as a book discussion club. We would frequently purchase 1 copy of a book and have copies made for everybody at MBK. We did this because we are cheap.

In my field, education, we regularly steal copyrighted materials here in SEA. We are also charged about double the US price for anything that we actually buy here.

It is enforced on other media. People don't take the time to steal(read copy) a book because it's not worth it. Stop playing stupid. Atleast I hope you're playing stupid.

A number of members of this board used to meet as a book discussion club. We would frequently purchase 1 copy of a book and have copies made for everybody at MBK. We did this because we are cheap.

In my field' date=' education, we regularly steal copyrighted materials here in SEA. We are also charged about double the US price for anything that we actually buy here.

[/quote']

Do you make it near the same quality as the original? Bound with a cover and all? Decent quality paper?

Do you also go selling those copies on the street?

Not always. Sometimes (most?) it was because what we wanted was simply not available in LoS and special orders take forever. So we copied the book for one of the members library.

Cheers,

SD

Archived