My take on things (sub thread from 'treating newbies'

Banphe

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose frede/banphe has stimulated some discussion but not what he intended.

I think newbies should be welcomed and given a chance but buggered if I'm going to get on a plane with my Zimmer frame and hobble down to Nana just to keep the nightlife section alive. I'm saving my man muck for a good wank anyway.

I will of course ban this account, but IF you can refrain from pissing people of, I will allow you back on the board.

But why? I like Frede's (is it Freed, or Fred-A, or Freddy?) stuff, tho' the insults can go away IMHO. But they were tame compared to others still online.

Regardless, you let Emmitt (LookieLookie, etc), HonoluluJimmy (FarangFatal, etc), and others keep posting after multiple bans, so why not Frede? Makes little sense to me. And ya, I'm nobody and this is your board, so you make the decisions. No problem with that...I'm just sayin'.

Cheers,

SD

The nightlife section is nearly dead simply because so many of us live here.

:dunno:

I think you're right there, Frash.

The nightlife section feeds on newbies coming here looking for information. That's how I found myself here. Then we all get jaded and there's really nothing to post about, because few of us want to post about sexual 'exploits.' It's boring (no pun) anyway.

Sexually oriented posts were a lot more welcome when this board started and the internet was fairly new. Trip reports used to be encouraged. Now we're all tired of them, not just the expats and the married expats - most of us don't want to be a participant on a wanker board.

Still, many of us here enjoy the P4P nightlife, without posting we were with #33 last night.

If someone wants to post about a new bar, changes to bars, special events and the like, then that would be helpful and newbies might chime in, IMO.

Archived