My take on things (sub thread from 'treating newbies'

Banphe

Hi,

"Regardless, you let Emmitt (LookieLookie, etc), HonoluluJimmy (FarangFatal, etc), and others keep posting after multiple bans, so why not Frede?"

Uh... aren't I saying that he can come back as long as he behaves?

As for insults, maybe I should forward you some of his emails after I banned him. Then again, Emmitt and HJ have not taken getting banned lightly at times either.

And yes, some other accounts should probably have been banned as well. Probably the main reason RY is still around is because he doesn't post anywhere were I see his posts. I have also become bored / lax with the moderation, losing interest a bit as it seems that whatever I do - or don't do - someone will bitch about it. So, really, why bother?

Sanuk!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have also become bored / lax with the moderation, losing interest a bit as it seems that whatever I do - or don't do - someone will bitch about it. So, really, why bother?

That's what happens when you are the one that makes the decission. You are the boss here. period! you gotta do what is right for you, you will never achieve to make everyone happy at the same time!

agree with Faustian that the nightlife section is comepletely dead! and that was once the reason i joined the board...

:yeahthat:

I think it has to do with the name change.

I'm not saying the name change was good or bad, just that it seems to have widened the focus.

Back when I first got here in the old Delphi Nanaplaza.com days, I think it was by far the best (and perhaps the only) Thailand nightlife message board around. Even Stickman's guide back then was one just LONG page of awesomeness.

If it wasn't for this board, it is unlikely that I would have "pulled the trigger", and taken that first trip to LOS back in 2000.

It seems with the name change, all the people who posted great stuff in the nightlife areas either mysteriously left or got hitched and don't post the same level of quality posts.

...and before you ask "Well, why don't YOU post more?", keep in mind some of us are still tourists who can only afford to show up for 3 weeks every TWO or THREE YEARS! I have not even seen the "new" airport or subway yet! :(

At any rate, I still consider this board my first stop to catch up on any Thailand information. Sad to say, but for more detailed information on nightlife in Thailand, I occasionally go to other sources.

I'm not sure what the solution is, or even if one exists or is necessary. Heck, I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say. Not really a complaint, just some observations, so please don't take any of this the wrong way....

....errr, what was this thread about again? :)

-=/NN

...Still' date=' many of us here enjoy the P4P nightlife, without posting we were with #33 last night....

[/quote']

Damn it! She swore to me that she was with her sick grandma!

I've never spent a night with the fine lass, to be honest, but I wonder what my favorite number is. For example, how many #22s I've done as opposed to #53s, and what that exactly means. I think we need a numerologist here! :)

I will of course ban this account' date=' but IF you can refrain from pissing people of, I will allow you back on the board.[/quote']

But why? I like Frede's (is it Freed, or Fred-A, or Freddy?) stuff, tho' the insults can go away IMHO. But they were tame compared to others still online.

Regardless, you let Emmitt (LookieLookie, etc), HonoluluJimmy (FarangFatal, etc), and others keep posting after multiple bans, so why not Frede? Makes little sense to me. And ya, I'm nobody and this is your board, so you make the decisions. No problem with that...I'm just sayin'.

Cheers,

SD

I like Frede as well...to a point, reminds me of the old "Goosebay Piss head..." what ever happened to him? Jail? Rehab? took up with a whore from Si Saket?

Archived