Obama preparing order to close Gitmo

Flashermac

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SD, America has never been a decent society, i can cite many reasons why from the day of conception but i'll spare you the gory details you know already (slavery etc). Dont get me wrong, i value america though.

All the fault of the Europeans who settled what is now the USA...hell, it was the Dutch who brought the first load of African slaves to this country, in 1618, 2 years before a handful of mistrient Brits showed up at Plymouth rock.

So what's hard about just closing it and giving the inmates asylum?

Give the inmates asylum?

Better to give them a trial' date=' assuming theyare guilt of something.

[/quote']

Think about that a bit more..

Anyway, they are apparently only being held because they can't go home for fear of torture.

The USA has given waaaaaaaaay too many freebies, tie for people to EARN what they get!

Well you were happy enough to abduct them to give them a home in 'Gitmo', complete with clothing and regular waterboarding, so you owe them.

"But many nations have resisted Bush administration efforts to repatriate the prisoners back home"

Let's all hold hands and sing. Words can stop bomb blasts.

Hide under the bed and be scared like a good little Republican...

If the people in Gitmo were guilty of something' date=' they'd be tried by now, since the US is desperate to have at least a couple of convictions (still waiting on those :dunno: ). Why do Republicans claim to love America, but hate all she stands for?

We have an accepted way of dealing with people whom we do not have enough untainted evidence to convict: we release them. Some of the people we release are guilty, and some are very dangerous: Mafia bosses, murderers, rapists, people who beat up their spouses or molest their children. We have always thought that maintaining our commitment to the rule of law meant that despite these dangers, we should not lock people up if we don't have evidence against them that's admissible in court. That's what decent societies do.

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

Nice post :bow::bow::bow:

If the people in Gitmo were guilty of something, they'd be tried by now, since the US is desperate to have at least a couple of convictions (still waiting on those :dunno: ). Why do Republicans claim to love America, but hate all she stands for?

As usual you post utter garbage.

Trials expose information. We're in a war where our enemies will use that information against us. You are not quite stupid enough to be unable to understand this simple point. You pretend to be that stupid because you hate America and want to see her harmed by savages.

There have already been convictions. Again, you know this but you lie out of hatred for America.

When you talk about Republicans you are projecting.

Archived