Sala Rim Nam?

HeartThais

You might try the Thai dinner dance restaurant next to Patravadee's theatre on the Thonburi side of the Chao Phaya River, almost opposite the Tha Chang landing at the Bangkok Grand Palace. The food is made for Thai tastes, since most of the customers are locals. I'm trying to remember the name ... Ban Somethingorother. (I need to google for it.) Good food and an excellent classical dance troupe.

Hmmm... I was thinking about taking a thai girl to dinner but sounds like Sala Rim Nam might not cut it. How about one of those river cruise dinners? Are they nice or complete cheese? There is the Horizon II. Any other recommendations? The thing that puts me off them is the buffet - I want to be served, I don't want to stand in line to get food. A dinner cruise with menu would be great but can't find one.

Yok Yor dinner cruise is not one of the usual rip offs. you pay for a boat ticket (i think it was 100 THB per person), normal thai food a la carte served on the boat with normal prices; majority of customers are thais with some farangs among the thais. starts from Yok Yor restaurant (not Yok Yor Marina) in Thonburi at 8pm, 2 hours cruise

Was there for lunch a few weeks back - food was good - I never felt is was ever exceptional as it was always toned for Farang tastes not Thais - but servings generous and always not that expensive.

Best part is the trip back over to the other side of the river in one of their restored"Gentleman Boats" - great antiques still going strong.

Sir ,

I was there a few days ago with some people , personally I don't fancy Thai food but they thought they would have to experience real unspoilt Thai life . Americans of course . I would imagine that impressing a Thai female subject would work beautifully simply due to the high class food Thai dance thing . The food is 1A if you tell them what you want .

Archived