LT/ST rate verdict?

HeartThais

So for all you investigative reporters in the streets. Has the downturn truly affected the LT/ST rates in BKK? I've seen one confirmation by CT but several things disqualify him as an embedded reporter.

a) he's in pattaya,

B) he usually gets it free or close to free,

c) he's a bar insider which I assume makes him eligible for specials unavailable to the public - specials I can only speculate about.

d) he's got stellar game with the ladies.

So, anyone normal (ugly, fat, and/or prehistoric also acceptable) got anything to report?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better question is WHY did he begin paying them?

I like to pay above market for goodwill reasons but I don't want to pay way over market - just more than average. It started on my last trip when I gave a girl from a beer bar 2k LT and she complained. Same to pattaya gogo girl when I gave 1100 ST and she complained. Both times I refused to budge because I didn't like the way they complained but it ruined the post-coital glow anyway. Afterwards, I put things into perspective. That extra 500-1000 baht barely buys a round of drinks back home. So I just consider it a small token to ensure continuity of good feelings all around.

Also, there's a part of me that wants to price out the trash that I wish would never come to the same bars I go to.

Anyway, I don't wanna start a debate on personal LT/ST rates. This is probably a reason people don't want to post this type of info because old-hands come on the board and make the newbies feel like idiots.

Archived