Sponsors - random opinion

HeartThais

p.s. DS, I hope you are buying a vehicle up here! I ain't driving that fucking heart of darkness highway shitfaced to get your ass home of an evening out. :nahnah:

you should have seen it from the fucking passenger seat....LOL....

think those cheeses were "laced" with red wine...lol

It's ok...we'll get by...

...Just worried about the fact that Mrs C.. knows both my wife....and the.."ex" mia noi...

BUT...all is good...I've reformed...

...and your words of wisdom....will be taken onboard...

Surin "Rocks"...

Cheers DC

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reformed55555555555555555

Whhhoooooooohhhhoooooooo555555555555555555

Gasp....breathe....55555555555555555555....ugh,I'm.dying.here...555555.hack.choke.ugh...

OK, it's all good now.

Yeah, what he said.

Cheers,

SD -- always supports his mates :neener:

Never married, no regrets...OP, upto you.

I guess I wouldn't want to experience being conned/ripped-off, but if you've got money to burn, then I guess it's your money, your life and your affair.

People do learn by experience, but as I've said before, I know that if I jump off of a cliff I will die, I don't need to experience this to find this out. The same thinking applies with BGs for me.

Of course there are exceptions, but the odds are against you.

Finally, I don't understand why someone wants to sponsor a BG due to the waste of money. Why give a near total stranger, thousands of miles away, your hard earned cash...to be theoretically faithful (you can never really know for sure). Sounds a lot like bribery to me.

But hey what do I know. Live and live and all that malarky.

Well, I'll defend DS here. *He* never did that. His gal *is* different, in that she still digs him without the sponsorship for more than 18 months. Hence his "fuckedupedness" on this subject. So I agree with him on the "confustigation" aspect of his thing...

Cheers,

SD

as always 'you only invest in LOS what you can afford to lose and kiss goodbye' so bearing that in mind there should be no nasty upsets if things go awry at a later date . you half expect it to go wrong as you have heard all the stories and warnings so you stuck by the mantra and its all ok .

thats a kinda buffer zone so the buffer zone had done its job and you can still walk around with a smile on your face...

So I say if the guy can afford it, heâ??s much better off being the sponsor than the jaded prick. You canâ??t put a price on feeling. Iâ??d rather hang out with the guy whoâ??s been divorced 6 times and looks at me with complete sincerity and declares the 7th one is absolutely the one heâ??s been waiting for all his life. Who wants to hang out with bitter divorcee that is constantly telling you that women are nothing but vampires?

Ah, I feel romance is in the air! This sounds like you're trying to justify yourself. There's no need for that. Experience counts, IMO. It's better to do things and fuck up once in a while, than live a sheltered life and look back in regret. Go for it! :)

What I wonder about is what is the fascination with guys that choose to sponsor a girl? I mean I understand someone like Stickman that makes money off these guys mentioning it is column every week, but just seems like there are regular threads on subject and though at least this one expresses an opinion I mostly share, so many people just go on and on about what suckers they are etc.

Maybe our resident psychologist can explain why so many people have such strong opinions and insist on expressing them? :dunno:

TH

Speaking for myself, i've always wanted to help people, I have this inbuilt altruistic element to my personality (yes, I do know why).

I'm empathic, maybe too much so at times. I physically and emotionally experience other peoples distress and states. Difficult to explain this to you as it is supposedly a rare trait (note it isn't sympathy, which is something very different). I therefore seek to help.

I don't have to. I don't need to. My motives are good, but I guess some folks just don't want to know. I've never sponsored and never will. I don't see it as a route to a happy relationship and I don't like to see good people screw up.

As for others, maybe they've had experiences which have led to an issue or insight on this subject. Maybe they expel their bitterness (which I feel is the implied reason for your question) or maybe they just want others to learn? Each person will have their own reason. I think most folks post warnings here for good reasons though. Some nice folks here. Some not so nice too.

Finally, a somewhat unpleasant trait in humanity is the arrogant feeling of watching another fuck up, whilst feeling secure and smug. Many folks like to feel they are better than others. It's a false pride, but around us all the time. Humans are hierarchical and jostle for their place in the pile. It is a basic piece of behaviour, but often people ascertain their self worth through others. This always amuses me....

Archived