Thai elite card Visa going tits up

waerth

Ok I nicked this from the TV forum:

The link to a PDF file on TV forum with the announcement from Thai Elite that the 5 year visa has been suspended. It it written in horrible English! You would think they could afford a decent translator! http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a73570-.html

Thailand elite program is dying! Special Entry Visa suspended!

I am a Thailand elite member and I was informed today by Thailand elite company that the renewal of Thailand elite 5 year Special Entry Visa has been suspended.

The Thailand elite program was marketed as a government backed program that gives its members indefinite visa privileges in a form of a special visa entry that is renewable every 5 years. As a result of this extraordinary privilege many members has bought in to this program for 1 million baht. Apparently today the renewal of visa privilege has been suspended!

There has been a lot of negative comments in the past towards this program coming mainly from expats that live in Thailand and are not members of this program. Apparently those fears about the government not continuing to respect this program are coming to be true!

My personal opinion is that this situation will kill the programs reputation completely regardless the outcome of the expected cabinet vote about Thailand elite visa privilege approval.

As for today there are about 2500 members in the program. I am just wondering what will be the consequences of this move by thai government after not respecting a program it has self established, generating significant profits of this scam and insulting influential wealthy people from many nation around the world? What does this say about the country? What does this say about the people of this country? What does this say about doing business in this country?

Whilst the English is indeed awful, I don't read it the same way.

The renewal of the 5-year visa program requires approval from the Council of Ministers, which has been impossible because of the political turmoil.

However, the program will be presented for approval at the earliest opportunity when the committee next sits.

In the meantime, all members will be eligible for a 90-day extension, until this is sorted out.

And a personal liaison representative is available to help members go through this process.

Of course, if the program is not extended, then members do have a legitimate complaint, and indeed one can never apply logic to Thailand's decisions, but with the recent proposals to revitalise the tourism industry, it would seem unlikely that they would not extend the program.

ranma

• 2 weeks later...

ok 'current' price is @ 1.5M acc. thailandelite.com & at least the 5 year visa's & their 90day multiple entries extendable in country (at the usual fee @1900bt though) seems to be approved to continue.

for the rest of the benefits it's more questionable as the company is in deep losses over their head, but surely this will not be allowed to go tits down with a bang with the risk of 'prominent' (freebie) members such as Sir David Beckham etc gonna sue the TAT/government till they all wished they've exiled in Dubai or somewhere a bit more discrete :rolleyes:

Archived